News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Does bloor have any lower end stores that shouldn't be there??

In my opinion Winners, Jacob, and FCUK for sure shouldn't be on Bloor. I would go so far as to say that stores like The Body Shop, Zara, Aritzia, Browns, and Guess don't belong on Bloor itself. They should be on Yonge, south of Bloor in my opinion.

Once you get past Balmuto St most of the stores are lower end. H&M, Zara, Aldo, Talbots,

These leases will have to expire before anything high end comes along. And let's not forget about Stollerys - hopefully the Apple rumours are true but there are reports that it isn't.

In my opinion Winners, Jacob, and FCUK for sure shouldn't be on Bloor. I would go so far as to say that stores like The Body Shop, Zara, Aritzia, Browns, and Guess don't belong on Bloor itself. They should be on Yonge, south of Bloor in my opinion.

Winners, Jacob and FCUK, I can understand, but Browns can be upper mid range. There are shoes you find there that also sell at Holts and David's (e.g. Manolos and Chie Mihara). If you're going to put Browns on the list, Banana Republic will have to be there too.

Winners, Jacob and FCUK, I can understand, but Browns can be upper mid range. There are shoes you find there that also sell at Holts and David's (e.g. Manolos and Chie Mihara). If you're going to put Browns on the list, Banana Republic will have to be there too.

Oh yah, I forgot about Banana Republic...and the Gap and Roots for that matter. I don't think they belong on Bloor either. Those are all mid-range stores (although Banana Republic is overpriced in my opinion) and the space they occupy could be used for all the high end brands that everyone on this thread wants to see.

I agree....chicago'smichigan ave has every kind of store on it...even Walgreens....however it's a major, long artery so it's kind of fun u can find everything on it....from bottarga veneta to topshop....however bloor is a very short street, so I think it should be exclusive to high end brands....one pre thing....y can't Dior or Valentino go on belair or yorkville ave, right next to the hazelton.....a high end neighborhood.....y do they all wanna be on bloor???

I agree....chicago'smichigan ave has every kind of store on it...even Walgreens....however it's a major, long artery so it's kind of fun u can find everything on it....from bottarga veneta to topshop....however bloor is a very short street, so I think it should be exclusive to high end brands....one pre thing....y can't Dior or Valentino go on belair or yorkville ave, right next to the hazelton.....a high end neighborhood.....y do they all wanna be on bloor???

Good point. Until 'high-end' Bloor extends west of Avenue and east of Yonge, it's too short a strip for the mid-range stores that are on it. The thing about Belair and Yorkville Ave is the size of available space on those types of smaller streets. They wouldn't be big enough for a flagship store in a lot of cases. Bloor will definitely have the highest foot traffic and highest profile. I do think a lot of jewelry/accessories types of stores should be on the smaller streets though.

These leases will have to expire before anything high end comes along. And let's not forget about Stollerys - hopefully the Apple rumours are true but there are reports that it isn't.

Stollerys is high-end. Apple is Apple. No different from the apple stores at the malls in burbs. Not all high-end stores have to be on Bloor/Yorkville. Queen St West has some high-end shops like Chicago's Wicker Park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stollerys is high-end. Apple is Apple. No different from the apple stores at the malls in burbs. Not all high-end stores have to be on Bloor/Yorkville. Queen St West has some high-end shops like Chicago's Wicker Park.

Yah, Apple is Apple - I frankly think they should open a flagship at Yonge & Dundas (if TEC didn't exist already - or just close that one). Stollerys is tired looking. And totally agree about Queen West. There are some great mid range to higher end stores there that do extremely well.

Weren't u guys saying that d and g was going there??

That was just the rumour I had heard from someone close to Kevrics. Nothing had/has been announced yet and until a few days ago the leasing plan didn't show that the space was leased.

Has anyone heard that Tiffany's on Bloor St is leaving. Cushman is marketing the site and it will be available for Sept 1, 2013.

Has anyone heard that Tiffany's on Bloor St is leaving. Cushman is marketing the site and it will be available for Sept 1, 2013.

What!!?? That would be nuts. I've heard that's one of their most profitable stores! Wow, that would be a sad day indeed. Unless they're moving beside the new LV and someone else is taking over their spot.

Back