News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Where r all the major brands who wanted to descend on bloor??? Very disappointing!! Strellson, brooks, knar!!!! Me no like!!!

Where r all the major brands who wanted to descend on bloor??? Very disappointing!! Strellson, brooks, knar!!!! Me no like!!!

Strellson, and Brooks Brothers are major high-end brands. Bloor-Yorkville is a perfect fit for them. I have shopped at Knar. they carry a lot of high-end brands, i think they will do very well in that location.

Yes, knar sells high end jewelry just checked out their website, but whatever happened to van cleef & arpels, or bulgari, jimmy choo, dior, CH or marc jacobs and numerous others. strellson is hardly high end.

Yes, knar sells high end jewelry just checked out their website, but whatever happened to van cleef & arpels, or bulgari, jimmy choo, dior, CH or marc jacobs and numerous others. strellson is hardly high end.

To be fair, Strelson is west of Avenue Road. We'll just have to see who takes over LV's old spot and Tiffany's current spot.

Karakashian at 1255 Bay St had the rug pulled out from under them as they were told their rents were doubling now that the Four Seasons is getting ready to be occupied across the street. I wonder what will go in here?

There's a nice little overhang around the building so it would be a great spot for a cafe with a wraparound patio similar to Lettieri down the street.

Gap kids will be closing and moving into the renovated flagship at 60 Bloor West

I wonder if it's to make room for a J.Crew or Ann Taylor on Bloor?

OK, so these are the officially KNOWN spots that are available for new stores to open:

1. Old LV
2. Gap Kids
3. current Guerlain

Eventually, we'll have:

1. Escada (which according to this thread, will probably be Brooks Brothers)
2. Current Tiffany

Am I missing anything?

OK, so these are the officially KNOWN spots that are available for new stores to open:

1. Old LV
2. Gap Kids
3. current Guerlain

Eventually, we'll have:

1. Escada (which according to this thread, will probably be Brooks Brothers)
2. Current Tiffany

Am I missing anything?

Here's what I got from a friend in retail leasing:

1) LV has been rented - my contact forgot by whom
2) Escada and Guerlain will become the Brooks Brothers flagship
3) Bloomingdales is subleasing the Bay
4) Gap has been leased - not sure by whom
5) Tiffany's has not - my contact didn't understand why they were moving as their new lease was actually more expensive then their old lease. Although their new store may be smaller square footage wise they were paying very little on the third floor portion of the lease vis a vis what their paying.

His overall sentiment was that rents were so high on Bloor street that the only people who could afford the street were brands who were willing to lose some money on their flagship to support overall branding etc..

This is interesting news. There were stories that the bay would support a store within a store concept for bloomingdales, but what your friend is saying is that the entire bay on bloor would go under the bloomingdales banner. Very cool if it happens. First Nordstrom, now Bloomingdales.

1) LV has been rented - my contact forgot by whom
2) Escada and Guerlain will become the Brooks Brothers flagship
4) Gap has been leased - not sure by whom
5) Tiffany's has not - my contact didn't understand why they were moving as their new lease was actually more expensive then their old lease. Although their new store may be smaller square footage wise they were paying very little on the third floor portion of the lease vis a vis what their paying.

His overall sentiment was that rents were so high on Bloor street that the only people who could afford the street were brands who were willing to lose some money on their flagship to support overall branding etc..

I left out the old MAC store, which has been pretty much sitting empty since they moved next door (isn't it crazy that the spot's been empty for some two or three years?)...any news on that? Heard it was rented already?

Last edited:

Back