News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Yes, transit will be a huge issue with this kind of development. The Dupont bus is infrequent and the Dufferin bus is already overcrowded. Too bad a rail station at Dufferin/Dupont isn't in the foreseeable future.

4 million square feet?! Wow. There would need to be some serious transit upgrades to make that possible. The Dufferin bus is already sufferin' enough as it is, or so I hear from people who ride it.
My partner takes it daily, and it makes for regular tales of woe. He does say the articulated buses have helped though.

That's interesting. I wonder if this is historical or just real estate talk. As a neighbourhood, the areas north and south of Bloor seem like they are connected and should have a single name to me.
I grew up on Rusholme Road...between Collage & Bloor the homes are quite unique & historical. The back garages used to be horse stables.

Hi Urban Toronto,

Writing on behalf of the Bloordale BIA (Business Improvement Area) and Bloordale CIA (Community Improvement Area), we have come together to create the Major/Minor festival happening in Bloordale (along Bloor between Dufferin and Lansdowne). It is a weekend celebrating art and music in a family, friendly environment. Many businesses have been kind enough to get involved and host workshops from mix-tape parties to art events. Concerts are being held at a couple of places too within Bloordale like at DBeatstro and Burdock.

Here is the event website: https://www.facebook.com/events/734076933433227/

Many Thanks,
Bloordale BIA

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2017.TE24.90

"Bloor Street West from Christie to Lansdowne is designated a character area in Toronto’s Official Plan. In 2015, Toronto and East York Community Council adopted motion TE 11.81 -Review of Development on Bloor West, between Christie and Lansdowne Avenue. Recommendation 2 of that motion requested a report on “the applicable policy framework in the area and consider developing additional urban design and built form guidelines, including an assessment of heritage resources, to be used to inform the review of current and future development proposals” to Community Council by the second quarter of 2016. The intent of the motion was to address development pressure and inform the City’s approach to development applications in this area, prior to individual development applications.

Recent reports of real estate activity along Bloor West between suggest that some properties are being consolidated for development purposes."

The former Coffee Time at the SE corner of Bloor W & Lansdowne is going to be a cannabis shop.

20201031_165729.jpg

Some minor building work just west of Lansdowne:

20201031_165509.jpg

The former Coffee Time at the SE corner of Bloor W & Lansdowne is going to be a cannabis shop.

So you're saying more reputable product will be sold there than before?

View attachment 280280

Some minor building work just west of Lansdowne:

The new landlord cruelly kicked out the nice mom-and-pop ice cream parlour (The Lansdowne Cone) for this. Asshole.

On a related note, that awful building at such a busy intersection is such a waste of space. A nice wedge-shaped midrise would be appropriate there.

The Lansdowne Cone, aside from being a lovely ice cream shop, was also an employer of youth with disabilities. Loved that place.
The space where the Lansdowne Cone and (I believe?) a hair salon were located is going to be the new permanent home of Ruru Baked. Really awesome ice cream!

Back