News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The Blue Jays hit 8 home runs at Fenway Park, the most by any visiting team in a single game in Fenway Park history!

The team is an offensive juggernaut and that's without Springer in the mix. Bullpen issues notwithstanding, they are better than their 33-30 record suggests. 36-27 Pythagorean W-L record with a +50 run differential should keep them in the mix until September. Need some bullpen arms back from injury and with Springer in the lineup, this team should remain dangerous barring any extensive injuries.

It's kind of surreal seeing Vladdy living up to the hype. I know everyone talks about the league-leading 21 homers as of the time of posting, but the other stats are just insane and tell a bigger story about more than just his improvement in physical fitness. These stats show a combination of an amazing eye, reflexes, and how pitchers are really scared of him now (especially with the league cracking down on pitchers using foreign substances.
Let's take a look at Vladdy through June 13th:

1st in MLB in OPS, SLG, HR, OBP, RBIs
3rd in WAR, batting avg, and runs scored
4th in extra-base hits
5th in hits
7th in walks taken
160th in strikeouts

For anyone less versed in baseball stats, this is really, really good

It's kind of surreal seeing Vladdy living up to the hype. I know everyone talks about the league-leading 21 homers as of the time of posting, but the other stats are just insane and tell a bigger story about more than just his improvement in physical fitness. These stats show a combination of an amazing eye, reflexes, and how pitchers are really scared of him now (especially with the league cracking down on pitchers using foreign substances.
Let's take a look at Vladdy through June 13th:

1st in MLB in OPS, SLG, HR, OBP, RBIs
3rd in WAR, batting avg, and runs scored
4th in extra-base hits
5th in hits
7th in walks taken
160th in strikeouts

For anyone less versed in baseball stats, this is really, really good
He was the only prospect EVER to receive an 80 hit grade on the 20-80 prospect rating scale. You just knew he was going to figure out the hitting element at the Major League level. Lo and behold, he's absolutely raking right now. It's incredible to watch.

He was the only prospect EVER to receive an 80 hit grade on the 20-80 prospect rating scale. You just knew he was going to figure out the hitting element at the Major League level. Lo and behold, he's absolutely raking right now. It's incredible to watch.
I mean sure we lost last night, but did you see the fear on Matt Barnes' face pitching to Vladdy with 2 outs in the 9th? And then that 22nd home run gets sent into orbit

So frustrating to watch any close game where the Jays have a lead or tied going into the late innings. Ill-timed fielding errors and poor relief pitching costing them quite a few games - especially against divisional opponents.

Here's an interesting photo making the rounds within the Blue Jays fandom:

m2kh5urilm571.jpg

Is it an extraterrestrial with a receding hairline? Is it something else?

It's actually just a baseball that just happens to be directly in front of someone's forehead.

Vladdy is definitely looking like the real deal and achieving numbers that guys like Bautista, Donaldson and Encarnacion were on pace to getting many years later when they were in their respective primes. If health and development continues to be on his side, Bichette also looks like someone who can be all-time great when it's all said and done.

The Jays' rebuild is coming along soundly although currently the AL East is still too strong, while there's quite a few competitors in the hunt for the Wild Card spots.

Curious to see if the market is right if the Jays will look to move someone like Grichuk or Teoscar for some pitching help.

Vladdy is definitely looking like the real deal and achieving numbers that guys like Bautista, Donaldson and Encarnacion were on pace to getting many years later when they were in their respective primes. If health and development continues to be on his side, Bichette also looks like someone who can be all-time great when it's all said and done.

The Jays' rebuild is coming along soundly although currently the AL East is still too strong, while there's quite a few competitors in the hunt for the Wild Card spots.

Curious to see if the market is right if the Jays will look to move someone like Grichuk or Teoscar for some pitching help.

I'd argue Jr is on pace to have a season significantly better than any of those players at their best.

Great to see how much talent this team has.

I don't think they move Hernandez - he's been quite a find, and evolved into one of their better hitters. Grichuk is probably the one who they'll move. It's unfortunate Springer is still struggling with injuries.

This is actually a year the Jays should make the playoffs. Right now I'd say they're underachieving. They should be doing a lot better given the state of the AL East.

I'd argue Jr is on pace to have a season significantly better than any of those players at their best.

Great to see how much talent this team has.

I don't think they move Hernandez - he's been quite a find, and evolved into one of their better hitters. Grichuk is probably the one who they'll move. It's unfortunate Springer is still struggling with injuries.

This is actually a year the Jays should make the playoffs. Right now I'd say they're underachieving. They should be doing a lot better given the state of the AL East.

Yeah when Hernandez is on his game, he's a stud and should be getting within his prime years. Mainly brought him up because he's on a bargain contract right now after that one-year arbitration, so I'm curious if the team will get him to commit long term. Although it seem like the Jays still have some flexibility for further arbitration which works in advantage for the team.

Actually, on the topic of contracts I just took a look at the team's payroll table and remembered that Semien is only on a 1-year deal right now. One of the stronger performers this season and will be important to see if he stays longer. With a lot of the players this season on 1-year contracts, looks like quite a lot of room and possibility to play with moving forward.

Last edited:
Vladdy retakes the HR lead in the MLB as he now has 26 on the season so far, one up from Tatis Jr. Pretty amazing how young they both still are at 22 y/o. Could see these two slug it out for years to come. Ohtani (among others) also in the race not far behind

Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Marcus Semien, and Teoscar Hernandez named starters for the AL All-Star team. There’s a good chance Bo Bichette will named a substitute while Ryu is selected as a pitcher.

Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Marcus Semien, and Teoscar Hernandez named starters for the AL All-Star team. There’s a good chance Bo Bichette will named a substitute while Ryu is selected as a pitcher.

Bichette is in.

Hope they can make a run in the 2nd half, this team has the talent to make the playoffs.

Back