8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bumping the thread for others that may be moving

I've done the drill where I look around for free boxes. It wasn't worth it to me. I found reasonably priced moving boxes online at imove... I spent over $100, but I would have had to spend the better part of a day collecting poorly shaped boxes from stores around town. To save time, I will buy boxes again the next time I move.

I agree with you that buying boxes is often the best and most cost/time effective answer. I found that it was best to have most of my boxes the same size so they could be stacked easier and agree with an earlier poster that you do not want too many huge boxes as they are just too heavy to lift.

Yeah I just noticed that the other day too.

I noticed perfectly wrapped in string flatted boxes outside out the Shoppers at Yonge and King (on the east side of King) last Wednesday night. There were a few bundles. I remember saying to myself, if I had to move, I have all the boxes I need right here.

Just a little tip I discovered last night: garbage night on Tuesdays meant that just outside the following retail locations, I saw:

1)tons of perfectly flattened (all you need is to buy some tape) boxes outside of your local Tim Horton's, seen @Bloor and Bedford location.

2)Shopper's Drug Mart==tons of good boxes that previously held toilet paper products, etc. Perfect size, seen @Yonge and Charles location.

I like going to a print shop and just asking for boxes. Those boxes that hold 8.5x11 stacks of paper are handy for books/odds 'n ends/glasswear. And they are free.

Office paper boxes are GOOD storage boxes...

...and they are good storage boxes as well if you are moving or not!
Good suggestion! LI MIKE

If you're looking for moving boxes, try our service - http://www.goodboxes.ca. It's much easier for you and easier for the environment to use our reusable, plastic moving boxes. We're the least expensive option in the GTA that I know of and we're comparable to cardboard box prices. Hope this helps! Cheers!

I always try to snag printer paper boxes from work. If you havent already invested in a small inexpensive dolly from Canadian Tire, I would do so! It has helped me tremendously. Especially if you need to move large furniture on your own. I bought the one that converts from a Dolly to a platform hand truck (I think they call it).

I would strongly advise going to industrial/commerical sites and either going through their recycling bins or simply asking the shippers. At my company in Richmond Hill we have so many boxes suitable for moving (that's where I've gotten mine) that just get thrown into a very large dumpster destined to be recycled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back