News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Why are they doing this? What is being built here to replace them?

Yikes.

Don't forget to remind the councillors that it's an election year, and their actions will be remembered.

Uhm........wtf? Some councillors' pockets have been a little too greased, it seems.

I think worse than the demolition itself is the shite they'll be replacing this stretch with. *shudder*

Wow, Brantford news on UT.
Most people in Brantford don't care about heritage and prefer the 'new'... whatever it might be. Although I have to say I am surprised this coming from a council that just saved the BCI exterior. There was a plan a few years ago to tear down part of this section (closest to the river) and build a new YMCA. It didn't go through but I remember the general consensus around Brantford was that it would have been a good thing.
IMO, this isn't the best of architecture (maybe 2 buildings stick out as having potential if cleaned up), but I always like the back of these buildings and think they have more character than anything else in B-ford. But, unfortunately they look run down. So... tear 'em down! I guess :(

I remember that a Toronto councillor recommended the
demolition of all the buildings on the south side of Front St.
from the St. Lawrence Centre of the Arts all the way
to St. Lawrence Market.

His name was David Rotenberg.

Once David Crombie was elected mayor in 1972, we
never heard of Rotenberg again.

The south side of Front Street East is something to
behold.

Here's hoping Brantford sees sense.

Back