News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I'll give them a try, but the menu looks overpriced and it looks a little too Irish "themed" for my preference.

I know what you mean.That "Celtic" font has become so prevalant amongst mediocre "Irish Pub" chains that it turns me off on sight.

They do have a wide selection of local beer on tap though, which may entice me to check it out, and to have some fried pickles.

I always thought it was just another welfare cheque boozer, but a friend went there for a burger and said it was one of the best, equal to Gourmet Burger across the street for less $. I'm going to check them out.

What we need is a good takeout fish and chips joint. At the bottom of my street Sackville there is a fish and chips joint but it is a the very worst I've ever eaten.

Wing Machine is part of the same chain as Panzerotto Pizza. Can't speak to the physical restaurant, but I used to order delivery from them all the time. Decent food, and you can order via their website.

Wing machine is pretty good. The wings are baked (which I like), and the pizzas are decent. Sometimes there's sketchy characters in there, but no more than most places on the strip.

Is the Salvation Army Wharehouse beside Ginger's permanent? You think they'd spring for higher quality plywood...lol.

Is the Salvation Army Wharehouse beside Ginger's permanent? You think they'd spring for higher quality plywood...lol.
It's funny how the neighbourhood was roaring when the Sally Ann wanted to move into the old restaurant south of Carlton, and now no one is making a peep. What does a Salvation Army Warehouse do anyway? Keep inventory of lost souls and broken folks? What are they warehousing?

A new Irish Pub called "Stouts" opened yesterday at 221 Carlton in the location of the former Brass Taps restaurant. They put a lot of work into renovating the interior and it looks very inviting with big leather chairs and wood burning fireplace. I think that this will be good competition for the over-rated House on Parliament.

http://www.stoutirishpub.ca/
I very much want to like this place. Went there on Saturday at 1:30pm with a mate and wanted a beer and some pub grub. The decor was very nice. Sorry, you can't order lunch at 1:30pm on a Saturday, you can only order breakfast until 3pm. I wasn't giving up though, so ordered a Guiness. Sorry, I've found the only Irish pub on the planet that doesn't sell Guiness - they don't want to carry the big names, but instead focus on smaller brewries, especially local, which I can see the reasoning thereof. Still not giving up, so I ordered a Murphies, made by Heineken International. Ordered breakfast, eggs benedict, I liked the presentation in the deep bowl, but where I expected the traditional half of an English muffin, topped with bacon or ham, poached eggs, and Hollandaise sauce, I received toast instead of muffin. My mate's sausages were cold. Coffee was good, and the service friendly.

I strongly believe in supporting local business, especially those in the gentrification mode, so I'm not giving up on the place, and will return for lunch or dinner soon. I'm sure their evening meals will be great, and I've acquired a taste for Murphys now. The best place for breakfast is Chew Chews. IMO.

I thought it said Salvation Army Whorehouse, lol.

A pub that doesn't sell mainstream ales is good indeed! Wonder if they have Hockley Valley's Black and Tan, my current favourite?

Their beer menu is online

I saw, from across the street, the paper has come off the windows at the restaurant beside the coffee shop, across from No Frills.
They painted the exterior black. There were linen tablecloths on the tables. There was no signage to indicate what it will be though. All this Gerrard India Bazaar talk has me hoping for a nice Indian restaurant so I can get my Aloo Gobi fix.

I saw, from across the street, the paper has come off the windows at the restaurant beside the coffee shop, across from No Frills.
They painted the exterior black. There were linen tablecloths on the tables. There was no signage to indicate what it will be though. All this Gerrard India Bazaar talk has me hoping for a nice Indian restaurant so I can get my Aloo Gobi fix.

A few months back during construction there was a notice taped to the window which indicated that it was going to be a Thai restaurant which would also be a welcome addition. As for Indian I wish that the Indian restaurants further north on Parliament , e.g. "Butter chicken factory" would offer Buffets instead of strictly À la carte.

I wish Butter Chicken Factory could have your food ready for pickup in 40 minutes when they say 40 minutes, instead of 70 minutes. Timothy's was reliable. BCF has better food but it's inconsistent and it's almost always not ready when you arrive on time. I've had some dishes piping hot while others were cold. Sometimes the dishes are good and other times they're incredibly greasy. Sometimes you call and they put you on hold for ages.

I've given up on BCF. I tried them when they opened, a month later, and just recently. Only one out of five experiences was excellent. The rest were all frustrating experiences.

Back