Votes: 11 25.6%
  • So So

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Seems like a bunch of people are already up to speed on this!
I happy with the 40 floor tower being at the N.E. corner. I’d be okay with a 15 storey tower on the SW corner, 30’s too high.
Hmm - if it was the south side of 17th I’d be more concerned. NE corner of 17/4th is the best corner for some height on the corridor. There’s no shadow impact to the crucial Saturday patio scene possible regardless of height.

Tall isn’t easy to integrate well, but certainly can. Plenty of Vancouver and Toronto developments have pulled it off. With some good material, active pedestrian retail on the ground floors (and above if they are ambitious), plus a bit of tweaks to the setbacks and you can make it work.

Given the state of the movie theatre business I’m not holding my breath but still think this is the killer location for a VIP style urban theatre complex stretching up multiple floors of the podium like all other big cities have. It’s the perfect anchor that both has some serious draw but plugs the gap between stampede park events and the regular 17th ave nightlife.

Last edited:
I’m excited to see something get built on that empty lot, if there is a tall tower, I too hope it’s on the north east corner. The corner facing 17th Ave. and fourth Street would be great for like a six story podium with a mix of retail and some apartments.

Back