It's funny that this site triggered a wider sidewalk on 26th, but only 3 blocks away at that 100+ unit 6-storey development from a few years ago they only rebuilt the old super narrow original sidewalks. So much inconsistency in just 3 blocks, from developments of similar scale and even eras.

1721686682087.png

It's funny that this site triggered a wider sidewalk on 26th, but only 3 blocks away at that 100+ unit 6-storey development from a few years ago they only rebuilt the old super narrow original sidewalks. So much inconsistency in just 3 blocks, from developments of similar scale and even eras.

View attachment 582533
Completely useless Little patches of Kentucky bluegrass, ruined further by a dumb sign. There's a kind of cultural commentary to be found here.

For me this is an interesting case where the building itself is good to very good but the streetscape is very poor. To the point for me it distracts from the cool building. We discuss it on here often that we can live with a well executed streetscape and a lower quality building. I think this is a good example of why that matters.

Back