Staples is now open for all your stapling needs:
P1120041exp.jpg

This tea place too:
P1120136exp.jpg

Park construction:
P1120053exp.jpg

P1120133exp.jpg

This is really coming together - really exciting to see another example of a density/central park/retail area combo after Bridgeland's Murdoch Park which does this to a far more limited extent. This is a good trend and should be encouraged wherever possible. There's zero reason all shopping and retail trips can't be made on foot and in attractive areas.

It's the attention to detail that's really coming together too - notice the low-profile curbs, significant pedestrian lighting and generously wide pathways, ramps and sidewalks. It's a design that imagines people walk here and gives all the subtle but critically important details to help encourage it.

In the longer-term, if this University Ave strip can continue and the integration to the University itself continues to strengthen, the combo will create one of the largest and most intentionally walkable communities in the city.

Is the site with the low ride townhomes residential for the university? That site seems like the perfect place to start tying this into the campus. The sports fields south of that site too, but I can't see them relocating those...

Should be more clear, I'm talking about the site on the NW corner of University Ave and 39St.

Last edited:
..the low-profile curbs, significant pedestrian lighting and generously wide pathways, ramps and sidewalks...
..and from me it gets the wheelchair stamp of approval 👨‍🦽
How nice to be able to wheel around being 'in the moment' with my kids - instead of always casting ahead to avoid obstacles, steep curbs, uneven paving and oncoming crowds!

Looking forward to the park being completed.

..and from me it gets the wheelchair stamp of approval 👨‍🦽
How nice to be able to wheel around being 'in the moment' with my kids - instead of always casting ahead to avoid obstacles, steep curbs, uneven paving and oncoming crowds!

Looking forward to the park b
Great perspective we rarely consider!
Totally agree :)

Back