Comes down to quality of the materials and the installation. Metal can go bad quickly. It's worse than stucco when it does, IMO.
I know in other cities (London, Hong Kong) where there is more moisture and rainfall, metal paneling can look terrible. I can't think of any examples in Calgary though.

A dry climate helps stucco and aluminum panel both. The only building I can think of with aluminum panelling that has been around for a while his Vantage Pointe, which was completed in 2006. The metal panelling still looks brand new on it, but the stucco looks weathered a bit.
I know in other cities (London, Hong Kong) where there is more moisture and rainfall, metal paneling can look terrible. I can't think of any examples in Calgary though.

I was thinking about that after I posted. I can't think of one either. There are a few where I question the design choices. There are some horrid design choices for stucco clad towers. That's probably why stucco gets such a bad rap here.

A little update from yesterday:

42170197624_03b83d93ff_b.jpg

41988025305_3e01cf646d_b.jpg

42888551591_55b3c1fdce_b.jpg

Hi.
That Bldg with the Name "Vietnam Resturant". I can Presume it was Part of the Demelition Derby for the Whole Block?

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi,

Question - Esso Gas Station? Is that Gas Station still open? I don't Drive any more due to Medical Reasons, but I do remember the Location very well. Haven't been by the Site for a very long time. With the Dvlprs buying up land etc I don't see the Site Lasting much Longer, Days are Numbered? Probably. Other then the Shell Site at 17/5 It
must B the Only Other Location Left on then Belt Line.
Tnx,
Operater,

The Vietnamese restaurant should be coming down as it will be in the way of ph. 1 construction.
The Esso gas station is still in operation. I have not heard of any other plans for that site yet. There are so many other empty lots within a block or two that are already planned for development at some point.

Nice! I wasn't really expecting to see much action on this one. Demolition is definitely what the area called for.

Hi,
I didn't realize the Esso Gas Station was Still Open. Woops. I can within Reasons Presume Imperial Oil have had a Lot of Offers for the Land already. Just a Case of
Picking the Right Offers. B Interesting to See.
Tnx,
Operater,

Any plans to revive Stampede Station 2? Perhaps as a condo or mixed use building? Would be nice to complete that section of the block. I would love for Keynote 4, The One, Stampede Station 2, and all 3 towers of Curtis Block to be built. Also, the final parcel closest to the Stampede C-Train station is still vacant. If that ever got developed, those 3 blocks along McLeod Trail would be very impressive.

Back