Is the station getting moved farther to the north? I see PCL constructing some sort of structure at the moment north of the current station
Both Victoria Park and Erlton stop are getting demolished and replaced with a single station where the construction is now.

Erlton is not getting demoed until at least they have the plan for rebuilding it solidified and funded, which that alone will not be for several years, if even in this decade.

Erlton is not getting demoed until at least they have the plan for rebuilding it solidified and funded, which that alone will not be for several years, if even in this decade.
I could be wrong, but I didn’t think there was a plan to rebuild Erlton. I thought the plan was to replace the two stations with one central one.

Erlton station isn't going anywhere (for now), the work that is happening at that station is related to the building of the third track to replace the the section of third track that is being removed from the Victoria park station. A few years ago there were a few design options floated for how the Erton station and the intersection at 26th could be changed but to date that hasn't gone anywhere.

With the new station going in at 17th, is Erlton going to stay long term? Seems overkill to have two stations so close together.

There is no plan to remove Erlton Station from the network.

The only consideration currently underway is rebuilding Erlton Station to facilitate a better intersection at 25 Avenue and Macleod. Again, even that is years away at best.

I'd be shocked if they were to ever remove it, you've got ~500m between the two stations which isn't much but when you start looking at the service areas it beings to make a difference. Anyone coming out of the mission area is going to come east along 25th and use the Erlton location but the Victoria park station, due to distance (getting into the 800m + range for the portions of Mission closest to Erlton), lack of connections across the river, and hostile pedestrian environment along Macleod (with no north/south sidewalk on the east side of the road) wouldn't see much use from the area. Once you add in the political pressure from the Stampede to have stations at both ends of the grounds to facilitate event crowds I don't see it ever coming up to be seriously considered.

It would cost less to keep the station rather than tear down and someday if more development happens I could see it being more useful.. As a person who uses that line regularly, I would be okay with them dropping it. Most of the time the train stops there, the station is empty.

This sounds wrong to me, but I could be wrong too!
Sounds like you’re right! I thought I heard they were taking it away but must be remembering it wrong. I guess with the potential for developments like crosstown, and others along 25th Ave. it probably makes sense to keep it.

Yes, to connect the grocery store/retail component directly to the station

Construction has begun...

88505507-9135-4BB3-A544-BC0934979BC4.jpeg
5DD94692-DC42-46E0-8C74-7B01082E227F.jpeg

Lots of action here now that stampede is over. The pedestrian walkway and entrances to halls C and C are currently being demoed, there is a ton of utility upgrade work happening and it looks like they are getting some of the footings in.

20210818_174011.jpg
20210818_173547.jpg
20210818_174136.jpg
20210818_174204.jpg
20210818_174250.jpg

Back