I can understand not wanting a fountain because of the maintenance costs but they picked a structure that is not of cultural or historical relevance to the area, not usable as a shade in the summer, not usable as a gathering area, and provide zero seating or gathering space. What is the point of this piece other than to say we had an art piece installed.
CMLC gonna CMLC. Remember how they couldn't even pull off a simple kids slide on St. Patrick's Island?

I can understand not wanting a fountain because of the maintenance costs but they picked a structure that is not of cultural or historical relevance to the area, not usable as a shade in the summer, not usable as a gathering area, and provide zero seating or gathering space. What is the point of this piece other than to say we had an art piece installed.
Public art is #progressive

It's kinda cool but if anywhere in the city makes sense to have western equestrian sculptures it's Stampede Park.

IMO something like this would be much cooler:
Broncos-Stadium-1-Denver.jpg
So the Trevi Fountain, but more horses.

YES! Stampede Park is the place for this type of thing - not some try-hard contemporary crap.
You mean like the one that already exists kitty corner to the new convention centre? But with water?
1699025780557.png

If we are going to do more horses, I suggest we at least try to make it different - like a really big horse from the Troy or maybe the Genghis Khan memorial in Mongolia:

1699026431732.png

1699026661299.png

Honestly all of those examples are far superior to what is proposed!

You know what would have been fantastic - a 3d neon sculpture inspired by the art deco neon cowboy that was on the Corral. Would have been culturally / historically appropriate for the site and really interesting.

Another swing and miss by CMLC here.

Fx9hrpgaQAAM0C3

Last edited:
Honestly all of those examples are far superior to what is proposed!

You know what would have been fantastic - a 3d neon sculpture inspired by the art deco neon cowboy that was on the Corral. Would have been culturally / historically appropriate for the site and really interesting.

Another swing and miss by CMLC here.

Fx9hrpgaQAAM0C3
If I recall this is actually going to be inside the convention centre.

Last edited:

Back