Votes: 14 25.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The question in my mind is whether the top of the white steel section is the first "floor" of the crown, or if it's the second (as there does appear to be a level below it).

According to the drawings, the crown should be about the height of 4 regular floors. If that is the case, to my eye, Surrealplaces rendering is perhaps a touch too tall, but not wildly off.

The crown looks a little bit tall, but it's not that far off. The height of the crown in the rendering is about 6 regular office floors and on the diagram in the permit it's 5 1/2 floors so maybe a little tall but not that much out of whack.

Last edited:
Neato. If that is indeed the final height, that should finally give some nice separation between it and the Bow.
The Bow is about to be bitch-slapped
thumbs up.png

Attachments

• thumbs up.png
    thumbs up.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 433
Sawheet! Lucky friend, he's got some cool photo ops.

I remember back in the day when the Scotia Tower was the tallest office building in the city. Now it's way down below the view.

Sawheet! Lucky friend, he's got some cool photo ops.

I remember back in the day when the Scotia Tower was the tallest office building in the city. Now it's way down below the view.

I'll be sure to get all over his case when Telus Sky starts moving upwards with more gusto. I know he's already done some work on it so I think his company has the contract.

What really gets me is how short Bankers Hall looks in that picture. For more than half my life I think it was easily number 2 in the city. He said he wasn't even at the top for this one and it already looks so small.

I was wondering if that shot was from the top. I can only imagine what it would look like from up top in the crane, with the crane at its peak.

Back