Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 94 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 27.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 6.4%

• Total voters
Doesn't seem like it - "it will not be brought into the new arena; the Flames said it will be replaced by yet another scoreboard designed specifically for that purpose."

It's being called the "Sportsnet Scoreboard", so I think that logo is permanent and not a screen
Something that new will 100% be dismantled and re-used in a different application in the new event centre,....concourse, indoor plaza, practice facility....

3 years is a plenty of time for someone to offer more money for that name. Also there's already a Scotiabank Centre in Halifax

I'd love to see them go after the burgeoning technology sector, something different aside from the banking/telecom. But money talks, so....

Something that new will 100% be dismantled and re-used in a different application in the new event centre,....concourse, indoor plaza, practice facility....

It would be nice if they could find a way to bring it over to McMahon. Perhaps it can be suspended like that giant speaker they have there now.

I wonder if they will try to have a somewhat unique name for the new arena. Maybe call it the gardens or something like MSG or TDG in Boston...

It really should be ______ Corral. There is nothing more suitable.
0d4d88f0e79f89226f9b089c98827687cc393310.gif

I wonder if they will try to have a somewhat unique name for the new arena. Maybe call it the gardens or something like MSG or TDG in Boston...
Unfortunately not. You will (likely) never see a unique name that that again (including the Corral). To most Calgarians, the Scotiabank Saddledome is the “Saddledome”. To most Bostonians TD Garden is the “Garden”. To most Edmontonians Rogers Place is “Rogers Place”. See the difference? Generic terms like Arena, Place, etc are more likely to include the sponsors name, which they want.

Back