News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This fun one is surprisingly practical in the summer months and for a 20 year-old boat has a respectable below 6 second 0-60. Added bonus that I like: it is before AMGs were tuned for loud exhausts.
Y7czOxNuQPDeyQo9L8gVzexLikx-Qj8sPD2Vl4_69b86eLLUJNHnzu9qzUV7JmiHv1z3UirypgkbKhE3yKp6t3KEh0InCHYyAftVW9hwkCGIL6EFwbR0x3nqiBjOYmkoGTgvCFOfzqryi1Tpm-gfMzniFYTiJ_IE6dtbU2gB8fanT8r-HHqD5Rvo0RPWNGIbEBIR33q-XyfKRVMvn5PMyLWkhrXLmSbTrA1AzTgeEZVYgbo0bIktkajcfUub84YHixeVXm0fMc8J65z4kmU7Pv9iirQVhlw7shj45L3_4CBI8dOSxi9npB9OKOkHKUBCTsaQLkYuJrwUDJ4GDlVJ9ef4ykBa4v_e7jk2OnamLfud1z3F8vTGB5GWBKK2lUGkL7IrqtMRqSNDWvyWjOqOyQFzPuW7-KcwIcNH6rTlebCn0SCqQk4msioffzgtPgTV5fnIIowxkK7Xg2Y80ULTMNYK-O-ofLqN2IQh1Rob5iA8SXwH8PR2UqlXBR-ZxjFxGigvarurthMfocaDwcnaq6hm3iIiNFTDTFKtxecvmfRr_NxHwB7vfzR9J_mZCArfejgTXciilejCY1JAXxfYVi5GDdoXSB56bHAmuDEWSdCBtcN4g7k0dxeVusSA4eiLUMc55qJ3v1TmOy74-mGM63hzhHIH5rVhi_nkzCam3Fe5_gxTAZzvmn9Wh1iBYzXHNDJiI8dsknG71-goh_B3ZS1SB11F47xRfg_p4W7Oflj4xmZ5QQPKEh7RAZ6I6cBysRIYlB2b19csrbFW46hvmCPm7Fx9BNLiJpXgcvZx-nHk5qRDeeGpqKtkqKEi4Zi91CIiTe5MULgTWdD5k0g4GZEZ38THsa-gZsKUBgTJO8Jxnes_12Se_CLK4qRucDq-Vov-dufaMkbTovL0X42NJypqnYclNicmupGFHmo5t7ofiA=w993-h1325-s-no

1683079800797.jpeg

Last edited:
Picture isn't showing for me... Is it an SL 55 AMG? How stressful do you find owning an off warranty AMG?

Picture isn't showing for me... Is it an SL 55 AMG? How stressful do you find owning an off warranty AMG?
In that year the S was badged as a CLK55 AMG for reasons. Not bad. Even got the Sat-Nav updated with a new cd/DVD for little $. Servicing has been very low cost. A yearly oil change, an A/C service. Will probably need a rag top redo before I need a milestone service on the engine.

Helps it lived on Vancouver Island for most of its life and is a slush box.

3 pedals for the win! Sadly, I think my NSX will be the last manual transimission car I will own, they just don't seem to make them anymore.
It used to be that cars with automatic transmissions were more expensive, even in the late 90's, but these days it costs extra to get a manual transmission.

It used to be that cars with automatic transmissions were more expensive, even in the late 90's, but these days it costs extra to get a manual transmission.
My Bronco has the 7 speed manual and it was the cheaper option. Really a 6 speed with a crane gear for off roading. I had to go with the higher trim level though because I also needed a heated steering wheel! Haha

3 pedals for the win! Sadly, I think my NSX will be the last manual transimission car I will own, they just don't seem to make them anymore.
I had to contact Volkswagen - I was able to purchase the last new manual Golf wagon in Canada. This car is now discontinued and so is the manual transmission (except the GTI/Golf R but no wagon)

I do very much love the looks of your NSX 😍 but sadly manual transmissions are slowly disappearing...

My last car was a manual, i definitely miss it. With electric cars coming, I figured I better get used to not shifting gears. I have paddle shifters in my current car, but it's little more than a gimmick.

My Bronco has the 7 speed manual and it was the cheaper option. Really a 6 speed with a crane gear for off roading. I had to go with the higher trim level though because I also needed a heated steering wheel! Haha
Which trim did you end up getting? Do you take it off roading? I hear it is an amazing off-roader, straight from the dealership. No modifications or add-ons necessary.

My last car was a manual, i definitely miss it. With electric cars coming, I figured I better get used to not shifting gears. I have paddle shifters in my current car, but it's little more than a gimmick.
Our daily driver has the paddles as well, with a dual clutch transmission, but I barely ever use them.

Our daily has the +/- on the shift column. Useful in the mountains to step down early though unless we’re carrying a big load the setup has enough torque to manage just about anything. In the city switching to ‘s’ mode shifts the shift ratios into the power band.

Mostly boring tbh.

Last ‘fun’ everyday I had was a SAAB 900s. Now that was a sleeper and had a great manual transmission and somewhat forgiving clutch. Carried almost ans much cargo as the current SUV! Other fun ones in the family over the years: RX-8 manual, late 80s 626 turbo made way more fun with a digital dash, a Fiat X19, a Peugeot 205 (I was too little to recall whether it was a GTI, I doubt it, it was for driving to the park and ride).

Back