A couple more renderings from the Architect's site

EV_NIGHT-update.jpg
EV_ENTRY-update.jpg
EV_ALLEYBURGS-update.jpg

The massing seems to fit well, I like the ground-level treatment, love the no-parking.

Regular window spacing instead of offset, and using texture instead of colour for the brick pattern would refine the approach. But whatever, I can't oppose adding a little character if it's constructed well. I'll hope for good ground-level tenants and that the residential avoids being ostentatious; too high of a price and anyone who can afford it would rather live in a SFH given Calgary's market.

The massing seems to fit well, I like the ground-level treatment, love the no-parking.

Regular window spacing instead of offset, and using texture instead of colour for the brick pattern would refine the approach. But whatever, I can't oppose adding a little character if it's constructed well. I'll hope for good ground-level tenants and that the residential avoids being ostentatious; too high of a price and anyone who can afford it would rather live in a SFH given Calgary's market.
I'm on the fence w.r.t. the brick pattern, but I like your idea of using texture instead of colour for the brick pattern.

I like just about everything else. Building form and scale are good, and I don't even mind the offset windows. Might be annoying for the residents, but the offset windows don't trigger me like HUB.

It'd be cool if they could incorporate some subtle design elements from the Simmons Building as a nod to the neighbour, not that I have anything specific in mind.

No parking should be good to go. Easy walking distance to downtown.
Definitely. It's practically integrated into the centre of the highest quality section of the overall path system, is two blocks from the LRT station in the free fare zone for both existing lines, and 5 blocks from a future Green line). It's about as max-level car free location you can get anywhere.

Definitely. It's practically integrated into the centre of the highest quality section of the overall path system, is two blocks from the LRT station in the free fare zone for both existing lines, and 5 blocks from a future Green line). It's about as max-level car free location you can get anywhere.
Plus walking distance to the Banff Rail/Airport Express Train Station. Wherever that ends up being, it’ll still be no more than a 20 minute walk.

Absolutely love it - the brick pattern is unique and pursuing a light pallet is ambitious. There's enough ACM panel + old world brick in EV. Great to see something fresh and different.

Good scale and articulation on the facade too. That huge corner cantilever will be tricky in real life, hopefully doesn't result in a column

Back