Coming in 2024 👍
IMG_3371.jpeg

Last edited:
They still haven’t shut down the lot yet. Whack.

I live in the area and it's kind of funny. The parking lot now shows as closed on the Calgary Parking website and a couple of days before the closure CPA was in the lot and removed all of the parking stops, the signage and the Park Plus machine. To me this suggests the land has probably now officially changed hands but it also means the new owners have this lot where they are giving away parking for free. You would think they'd either fence off the lot to limit liability or try to monetize it short term. Either way, because the parking stops and signs are gone it is complete anarchy there right now with cars parking in a different configuration every day and several instances of cars being boxed in by others creating a spot that really shouldn't be a spot. Hopefully construction starts soon.

Interesting as this tweet from a CBC reporter suggests construction may still be a ways off. Also it appears in this rendering that they have done away with the bespoke brick pattern from earlier renderings and we're getting a plain white brick building. That will be disappointing if accurate, especially given the prominence of the location.

That tweet has a glaring bit of misinformation, so I wouldn’t put much stock in it. EV606 is not the last remaining riverfront lot in the EV, Minto has that one on the east side of M2. Just sayin 🤷🏻‍♂️

The parking lot was officially closed off from cars today with signs saying the lot is private property. Hopefully that's a sign that construction is about to begin and not just the developer realizing they had a huge liability issue by allowing hundreds of cars each day to park on their land.

Back