News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Yeah, I'd like to to Sutter a little more complimentary with the players. Doesn't need to be all the time, but it can't hurt once in a while. As a player, if you're playing hard, you'd like to hear at least some praise, and maybe he does it in the locker room. I don't know.

Yeah I stopped watching half way through the second. Wow was that bad! haha
I missed the game luckily. I'm hoping this is just one of those weird one offs that happen sometimes. The Flames rarely ever lose by more than one or two goals, and have the lowest goals against in the league, so it's definitely an outlier..

Calgary badly outclassed the Wild in the first period, but the Wild came back and it was fairly even the 2nd and 3rd periods. Tomorrow's game will be be a bit tougher for the Flames, but if they can stick to a good road game, they have a decent chance.

Nice road win by the Flames. I continually compare this team to the one three years ago that turned into a pumpkin at midnight. Despite having a lot of the same players, I feel this team has a better chance of playoff success than the 2018/19 team.

-Sutter is a better coach than Bill Peters
-Though Mike Smith couldn't be blamed for the early exit, I think the goaltending is better this time around
-The top line is better this time around. Having Tkachuk on the line instead of Monahan improves the overall skill level. Monahan was a great finisher playing with Gaudreau, but Tkachuk has all around skills and is a better playmaker.
-The 3rd and 4th lines are better this time around.
-I think the defensive units are is as good and maybe better. The more I see guys like Anderson and Kylington, the more impressed by how well they move the puck, and Hanafin and Tanev are very solid.. Even Zadorov and Gudbranson seem to be improving.

Short of an unbelievable meltdown, the Flames will be in the playoffs. They've shown they can hang with any of the top teams in the west, should be interesting.

Yeah, the Oilers have seemingly had our number, even in games where we've been the better team, which is why it was so nice to see them beat them last night. not only a couple of points for the Flames, but also another loss for the Oilers who were starting to look good after getting their new coach. I don't want to get my hopes up, but there's a chance Edmonton could miss the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see if they are buyers or sellers come trade deadline.

Oh, and what a trade picking up Toffoli. He has what...8 goals in 10 games with the Flames?

Back