News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Man some of the stuff being said about Johnny by Flames fans is embarrassing! He gave us almost a decade of great hockey and doesn't owe Calgary anything.

He could've probably handled the departure better, but it's not like a Tavares situation where he hold the team he was staying then bolted. Wish him all the best.

We would have to go full fire sale for a rebuild. Calgary still has Lindholm, Toffoli, Coleman, Tanev, Hanifin and Markstrom signed, those are all top tier players. BT won't go rebuild, he will still try to work with Sutter (who only signed to try and win cup) to build on whatever we have into a playoff team. We have a ton of Cap space, just need to sign a top line left winger and try to get some depth in the middle (assuming Monahan isn't coming back either).

I think it depends what the packaged return is. Tkachuk gives Flames no leverage. If we can get Kyrou in return, and try to find some sorta top line winger to play Lindholm and Kyrou with, then we have a very solid team. Reminding me of the Islanders. No real star player, but lots of high end talent on the top 9 and Top 4 D as well as a stellar goalie. Hopefully the package is good, Monahan can somewhat come back to 50-60 point form and Pelltier can be a solid rookie

Thanks for the info!
#2 13's Extension:
C'mon, spill the beans! :)
There are so many rumours swirling about this.

#3 19's Departure:
Interesting - I always thought Chucky was on his way out regardless of Johnny as he doesn't seem to be super close with JG or the rest of the team.

Last edited:
The Flames have too young of a core around them to tear down the whole thing. The important thing is to keep cap space open. Tkachuk will for sure fetch us a young high potential winger like Bratt or Kyrou. Then hopefully trade for another top winger like Pasternak who's on an expiring contract and wants to leave Boston. The league moves fast, I do not think there is reason to panic and try to figure it out next season.

Back