News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I thought Rittich might be the answer to our backup blues, and then Gillies looked promising, but same inconsistency. If there's a silver lining, it's that they haven't played well lately, but are still hanging with the bunch so to speak.

Rittich looked good last night, too bad he let a goal in with 18 seconds left to spoil the shutout. Playoff hopes are still alive!

I've heard we need like 9 or 10 out of our last 15. They're really gonna have to find another gear if they want to make that happen. Beating Buffalo should be good for morale, but they have a lot of tough teams coming up in that stretch that they're going to have to figure out how to beat.

03-09 @ Ottawa Senators
03-11 vs. Ny Islanders
03-13 vs. Edmonton Oilers
03-16 vs. SJ Sharks
03-18 @ LV Golden Knights
03-19 @ Arizona Coyotes
03-21 vs. Anaheim Ducks
03-24 @ SJ Sharks
03-26 @ LA Kings
03-29 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
03-31 vs. Edmonton Oilers
04-03 vs. Arizona Coyotes
04-05 @ Winnipeg Jets
04-07 vs. LV Golden Knights

Ottawa and the two games against Arizona are absolute must wins. NYI and CBJ are eastern cusp teams that we have to make sure we beat. Then ere are a plethora of 4 pointers against the Ducks, Kings and Sharks. Those are ones they really have to convert. And last but certainly not least, they need to break the losing streak against Edmonton. Their season can pretty much boil down to them spoiling us at this point.

Vegas and Winnipeg are divisional leaders. I won't be surprised if we lose those. Vegas especially has looked unbeatable against us.

I think the Flames need to go something like 8-4-3 to have a chance, 8-3-3 and I think they're in.

Personally, I think that recent 4 game losing streak killed their chances.

Last edited:
Now that they've lost to the Islanders? I believe they can still make it if they win this game against Edmonton. The confidence boost alone would be amazing.

Last night wasn't actually a must win in a technical sense, but it sure stung. If they can't find two against the Oilers we can probably call it a season though.

You can only blame bad puck luck so many times. I have no idea what's wrong with this team, there has to be some sort of mental block or something. What was the shooting percentage last night, like less than 4%? I think league average is somewhere around 9%. Seems like an outlier game, but you have to wonder why we can't finish after inflating a rookie goalie's numbers several times this season. Where's the heart?

Hope tomorrow's game goes better. Steeger is skating with a regular jersey this morning, though Backlund, Mony, and Tkachuk are out per Pat Steinberg. Hoping it's just maintenance. https://twitter.com/Fan960Steinberg/status/973242101390430208

Forgive me for being frustrated this afternoon. Build the new arena in Mossleigh or something so every game feels like an away game. Goddamn.

Hopefully their first win against the Oilers since 2016 can put a bit of wind in their sails for the final push.

The only thing that worries me a bit from last night's result is how much weight they're going to be putting on Smitty's shoulders for the final push. If anyone can carry the team in single handedly, it's him, but the rest of the team really need to chip in.

That's what I'm hoping. I figured if they beat both the Islanders and Oilers it would give them the four points, but also the win against the Oilers would give them a new found confidence. I'm not sure it did though, as the team didn't look bad, but not great either. I'll know for sure when the play the Sharks if they're going anywhere. If they lose that game, I think they're done.

Back