News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

My boyfriend and I will be at the Sharks game on Friday, pretty stoked for it :)

Should be quite the energy in the building. Last night the energy was kinda low key for such an important game, but I think it's because the fans were nervous. Friday I think people will be in a boisterous mood.

Should be quite the energy in the building. Last night the energy was kinda low key for such an important game, but I think it's because the fans were nervous. Friday I think people will be in a boisterous mood.

I hope so, I certainly will be :)

So now that the flames have given up hattricks (or more) to the opponents 2 games in a row, lost 3 of 4 since Smith's return, and can't seem to put together a PP, what do you guys think needs to happen now?

We have 2 more meetings with AZ, and one more with Oilers - which should be "easy" games.
The rest are middle-of-the-pack LA, SJ, Ana, and CBJ ... then another tilt against the Jets and VGK.

I'd call it not impossible, but very highly improbable and would make for a great story for years to come if they came back to make the playoffs from this.

I hate to hop on the #FireGG train, I think he's been okay. I'm indifferent if he goes or doesn't. But regardless, there needs to be some major changes. This game, Frolik was placed on the Left Wing to accommodate Brouwer in that line. A 5-goal-in-70-game player isn't gonna carry this season for us. We need to stop scratching Jankowski, who's been fine for the most part all season. We need to call up Rasmus Andersson, especially now that Brodie might be hurt.

We have 9 games left to play. Supposedly we'll have to win 8 of them to make the playoffs, as the 2nd WC spot is slated to require 96 points.
I love this team, but I might just have to resort to cheering for Jets or Leafs instead for the remainder of this season.

Super disappointing. Glad I didn't take time out of my day to watch this one. I'm not holding out any hope for the playoffs.

My opinion of Gulutzan is mixed. Systems and possession I think are fine but I question his player and line choices. Our struggles come from a lack of finish which isn't on the coach to figure out. On paper, our scoring depth and defense (save for Gio and Hamilton) should be way better than what is evident so far. I don't think firing GG is going to solve our problems. Maybe Dave Cameron though. :p

Perhaps I was too optimistic at the beginning of the season. To echo a comment I saw on reddit, this "too good to be bad but too bad to be good" cycle of mediocrity is killer. I'd feel better if we tanked the season rather than riding the waves of mediocrity and just barely missing the playoffs.

Well getting outscored 11-4 in the last 2 games should about do it for the season. Gulutzan will likely be fired, and there is going to have to be a shakeup of some sort in the offseason, this team is too talented to be choking like this. Then again, choking is the Calgary sports way, just ask Bo-Levi Mitchell lol.

Well getting outscored 11-4 in the last 2 games should about do it for the season. Gulutzan will likely be fired, and there is going to have to be a shakeup of some sort in the offseason, this team is too talented to be choking like this. Then again, choking is the Calgary sports way, just ask Bo-Levi Mitchell lol.

I still can't talk about the last two Grey Cups.

I'm hoping for a Jets - Nashville final in the west, and Boston - Tampa in the east!

Except the division structure doesn't allow for that sadly. You've pinpointed the likely second round match-ups for the Central and Atlantic Divisions. I also happen to think that these four teams are the strongest cup contenders too.

If the playoffs started tomorrow it would be:

upload_2018-3-26_14-29-22.png

So, I'm passing my support on to the Jets as well. Part of me is also hoping that the totally untouted Capitals continue to fly under the radar and quietly go very deep and manage to make up for a decade of unmet expectations.

EDIT: There's a couple of pretty fun potential match ups in the first round. There's certainly no love lost between Pittsburgh and the Blue Jackets and then if Pittsburgh dose indeed win, either Philly or Washington would be a great match up.

Sharks Vs. Ducks is another good one. I'll definitely go on the record with F**K the Ducks there.

Jets Vs. Wild has to be one of the most hoped for playoff matchups since Winnipeg rejoined the league.

Predators Vs. Blues is another good one.

Perhaps you're noticing my conspicuous lack of love for Vegas. That would be because I hate them. Nuts to the bandwagon. I hate the team name. I hate their Logo. I hate their Jerseys and most of all I hate that they're brand new and can't seem to do anything but spank the Flames. There are a lot of long suffering fan bases out there that deserve a hell of a lot more love than Vegas does. It's an embarrassment to the league that a team with such shoddy design can come in and hand it to a bunch of considerably older franchises. One of my biggest hopes is that they lose their lawsuit against the army and can't use the name and are forced back to the drawing board to come up with something that doesn't suck so much ass.

F**K! I even hate saying Las Vegas without the "Las." Get over yourselves. The name of your city is "The Meadow" stop saying "Meadow" like I I should give a s**t! It's a tacky tourist hellhole and I'll be perfectly fine if I never have to go there ever again in my entire life.

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-26_14-29-22.png
    upload_2018-3-26_14-29-22.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

Back