IMG_4516.jpeg

Never trust low-light night renderings boyz. Should set off red flags when that's all a firm releases.

This is the only daytime (sunset) rendering I think is available and it was released late I believe. Notice they went with darker paneling and coloured mesh in the render(s).

I don't have much hope and think this thing is gonna look like absolute shit especially in the daytime. This is pretty gross when flying into downtown. Really really embarrassing.

1709254544585.png

I’m not nervous at all, because TBH, I don’t care much how it turns out. The lot is about as close to undevelope-able as you can get, building anything on the site is an improvement.
I very strongly disagree with this, we shouldn't build a shitty box just because it's not the best lot. Any site is developable and difficult sites usually require innovation to make them work. This is just a big grey box currently, I almost prefer it left as grass and trees. That being said, there is still a change the screen feature could look ok, but I'm getting skeptical.

Agreed, just because a site is hard, doesn't mean you need to excuse mediocrity. A lot of times the own-goals come from simple things like bad color choices or material combos, which don't necessarily have anything to do with the site or money (in fact, sometimes I think some thoughtfully editing would probably save developers money).

Unorthodox sites tend to be my favourite, because they are the ones who have the opportunity to lead to the most interesting outcomes. I'm not holding my breath for this one, but I guess let's see how it turns out.

I very strongly disagree with this, we shouldn't build a shitty box just because it's not the best lot. Any site is developable and difficult sites usually require innovation to make them work. This is just a big grey box currently, I almost prefer it left as grass and trees. That being said, there is still a change the screen feature could look ok, but I'm getting skeptical.
If this was on a main retail corridor then yes, I’d push for better, but sometimes we need to pick our battles. The previous use of land was a waste of inner city space. A patch of grass with 2 trees, and now it’s 65 units with retail in a parcel butted up against an in-ramp. It’s it’s highly unlikely someone would spend money on better materials, it’s a miracle in itself that something is even getting built there.

Back