I don’t love the design, but I’m happy with it. For me it checks 3 boxes, one it adds density to the area and two, it interacts well with 17th.
Three, the high portion of it is on the south side so as to not shadow 17th. Those are all I really care about.

Even without College and Enzo, 4th St Lofts and Broward will add a few bodies on top of the ones from Oliver II and Park Central. It won't be long before Beltline is the city's most populous neighborhood
Don’t forget the Hat on 14th, 1400 and Nude. The Beltline will be the most populous next census.

I honestly assumed it already was the most populous. Which community actually holds that title at the moment?
I think you're right. The last census done by the city showed Panorama as the most populous, but that was a few years back in 2019

25,129 Beltline
25,710 Panorama

Given that several Beltline projects - 11+11, Oliver I, BLVD Beltline, Park Place I, Cube, Underwood and The Royal (Underwood and the Royal opened right after the city census) - have been completed since that last census, they would have added more than 2000 units to the Beltline, it's safe to say the Beltline is easily the most populous neighborhood in the city.

Edit, checked Statscan and profiles from the 2021 census show
Beltline 25,880
Panorama 25,535
So it's official, the Beltline is Calgary's most populous hood, and now in 2023, it would have widened the gap significantly.

Last edited:
I think you're right. The last census done by the city showed Panorama as the most populous, but that was a few years back in 2019

25,129 Beltline
25,710 Panorama

Given that several Beltline projects - 11+11, Oliver I, BLVD Beltline, Park Place I, Cube, Underwood and The Royal (Underwood and the Royal opened right after the city census) - have been completed since that last census, they would have added more than 2000 units to the Beltline, it's safe to say the Beltline is easily the most populous neighborhood in the city.

Edit, checked Statscan and profiles from the 2021 census show
Beltline 25,880
Panorama 25,535
So it's official, the Beltline is Calgary's most populous hood, and now in 2023, it would have widened the gap significantly.
Panorama Hills… phffff. The Beltine is probably past 30K by now and watching Panorama disappear in its rear view mirror.

70 floors would dominate in height. Imagine a 70 storey Hat. 70 storeys Hats means you're fucked as a renter so buy something before it happens

Imagine a 70 storey Hat.
84h3r4.jpg

Back