If they build it reasonably close to the render, and they do it quick enough, I'll consider eating my words.

Until then - this should be on a parking lot and not demolishing a historic building.
The location is a little weird. Sure its on 1st Street, just up from a vibrant block, and on 10th Ave close to Greta and the cluster of places just to the west, but there are also so many parking lots right around here. They obviously don't own any of those lots and that's really what's happening here, its sad. If only the city made owning a surface parking lot less desirable than actually doing something with it.

Yeah I do agree. I mean I support this building due to its textures and quality. However, it’s right across from a block-long surface parking lot, and destroying a fully retail-occupied 110-year-old building.

As I’ve said before, my most anticipated block to be developed in the whole city is that parking lot between 2nd and 1st along 10 Avenue.

I imagine they’re just hedging their bet that this development - along with all other developments recently completed and underway along Tenth - would spur a new development on that lot, in order to largely block the train noise from what I am certain will be extremely expensive units in this building.

The location is a little weird. Sure its on 1st Street, just up from a vibrant block, and on 10th Ave close to Greta and the cluster of places just to the west, but there are also so many parking lots right around here. They obviously don't own any of those lots and that's really what's happening here, its sad. If only the city made owning a surface parking lot less desirable than actually doing something with it.
Funny idea: Make parking in surface parking lots free for RVs, camper vans, etc. Grandfather it in to sites designated as surface parking. The land owners will be outraged but I think people would go for it and the little guy might actually get a win over 'big parking'

Get people to register so you don't have people living there but don't charge them anything. Imagine all those people who were going to Wal-Marts in the suburbs now downtown, giving the city some vibrancy, and taking parking spaces away. Wouldn't you want to take the kids camping downtown over the weekend for free?

You guys have some interesting ideas, but mandating the use of private property is a slippery slope and I really don't want the city to open that door. The parking lots will develop when there is pressure on them to do so, trying to force them is something I don't want our local government to do. Private property is just that, trying to force a use on it the owner doesn't want is a really, really bad idea. Besides, all the lots that existed before any policy change would be grandfathered in under the old rules anyway.

You guys have some interesting ideas, but mandating the use of private property is a slippery slope and I really don't want the city to open that door. The parking lots will develop when there is pressure on them to do so, trying to force them is something I don't want our local government to do. Private property is just that, trying to force a use on it the owner doesn't want is a really, really bad idea. Besides, all the lots that existed before any policy change would be grandfathered in under the old rules anyway.
I wasn't being serious, no way you could or would ever want to do that.

Although maybe something to consider on city surface lots?

I wasn't being serious, no way you could or would ever want to do that.

Although maybe something to consider on city surface lots?
The city always has the option to give incentives for other uses besides an empty lot.
Maybe give a tax break if they turn it into a basketball court or something like an RV lot as you had mentioned.

The city always has the option to give incentives for other uses besides an empty lot.
Maybe give a tax break if they turn it into a basketball court or something like an RV lot as you had mentioned.
Tax break to get the mod'd Mercedes vans downtown (carrot rather than the stick), now we're getting somewhere!

Just received the full marketing package e-mail (from a Toronto brokerage for what it is worth). Had some new renderings that make it look a lot more blue. Still also had the original renderings in it, so not sure. No DP yet.
1661463325411.png

1661463355258.png

1661463391327.png

1661463411528.png

1661463436241.png

1661463498530.png

1661463519553.png

1661463687398.png

1661463540644.png

1661463562078.png

A lot of generic condo interior shots, but this one shows the Calgary view at least:
1661463651865.png

Looking at the rest of the package, here are a few more items of note:

Going to have a rooftop patio:
1661463921195.png

- Estimated closing date (so completion) is between Q4 2025 and Q2 2026
- FAQ has a lot of questions about what it is like to buy a property in Alberta, and can you do this from somewhere else (so, confirms the marketing to Ontario)

A few more specs/stats on the building, and if my car guy eyse are accurate, there is a Ferrari SF90 and F8 Tributo parked in front....
1661464180064.png

Back