Gotta imagine it is securing underground rights thru this $%!#
1678314467553.png

Interesting little project...

'78 Avenue S.E. Grade Separation and Ogden Pedestrian Tunnel Project (“78th Avenue Project”)

In cooperation with Canadian Pacific Railway (CP), the 78th Avenue Project will enhance transportation safety in the vicinity of the future Green Line Ogden Station. The contract for the 78th Avenue Project is anticipated to be awarded in Q2 2023 with work starting in Summer 2023.'

78th Ave is a bit further south than the planned station at 72nd Ave. I assume this is to help get people from the Foothills Industrial Park to the station.

1678470468557.png

Interesting little project...

'78 Avenue S.E. Grade Separation and Ogden Pedestrian Tunnel Project (“78th Avenue Project”)

In cooperation with Canadian Pacific Railway (CP), the 78th Avenue Project will enhance transportation safety in the vicinity of the future Green Line Ogden Station. The contract for the 78th Avenue Project is anticipated to be awarded in Q2 2023 with work starting in Summer 2023.'

78th Ave is a bit further south than the planned station at 72nd Ave. I assume this is to help get people from the Foothills Industrial Park to the station.

Ultimately it will close the current at-grade crossing at 69 Ave, which is where the safety benefits come into play. I believe they held some community sessions before the green line was paused a few years ago and as you can probably imagine, many of the residents who live near 78 aren't very happy about this one.

residents who live near 78 aren't very happy about this one.
Why? It's a pedestrian tunnel?

Closing off access to the CP land east of track, makes sense. Especially if you're giving people access to Foothills through this tunnel. I imagine the tunnel will lead to some kind of access to the bridge over the canal as well.

Why? It's a pedestrian tunnel?

Closing off access to the CP land east of track, makes sense. Especially if you're giving people access to Foothills through this tunnel. I imagine the tunnel will lead to some kind of access to the bridge over the canal as well.
Unless something changed it's a road and pedestrian tunnel, no truck traffic but other vehicles are permitted.

78Ave_AreaMap_lowRes.jpg

I would assume the fact that the RFP is for a pedestrian tunnel that it has changed. Maybe 69th Ave is staying open too. I think this will be something like the pathway tunnel they put in here.

According to the RFP its for vehicles... apparently there's ALSO a tunnel closer to the station, weird wording used I guess.

Opportunity Description:​

This Notice is provided for informational purposes only.
The actual bidding document RFP 22-1654 is published to the Firmex Virtual Data Room.
The project has two components. First, the construction of a railway overpass (grade separation structure) at 78 Avenue SE is required to allow an extension of 78 Avenue SE underneath the Canadian Pacific (CP) main-line. This will enable vehicular traffic to access the industrial area east of the CP right-of-way and to access the CP Headquarters offices on Ogden Dale Rd SE. Upon opening of the 78 Avenue SE CP Overpass to the public, the public at-grade crossing at 69 Avenue SE will be closed permanently. The second component of this project is to construct a Pedestrian Tunnel at the new Ogden station to allow pedestrian access to the east side of the CP right-of-way and Ogden Dale Rd SE. Works for both components will require diversion embankments with heavy rail tracks to divert CP trains.

According to the RFP its for vehicles... apparently there's ALSO a tunnel closer to the station, weird wording used I guess.

Damn, then why would they specifically call it a pedestrian underpass in the press release?!

Back