I lust wish they had done the whole facade in brick. How much money did they really save with the siding?
Yeah . . . just "for show" on the street-side. The North and East sides are all Hardie board and some metal cladding that is reminiscent of the inside of a walk-in freezer.

Hardie Lap siding is ~$8psf, even a thin brick is like ~$25psf for the first two floors and probably like ~$30-35psf for anything above the second floor.

This stripe of different coloured lap siding is an unnecessary addition that doesn't add to the design:
1697048843956.png

I'm okay with only part of the building being brick. It being on the front side and on the lower floors is where it's most important. Unfortunately brick is expensive these days, but at least they put some on one.

Those balcony areas are a disaster. The black trim around the windows is too heavy against the beige siding. Window headers are offset to the door headers for what reason? All the black vents stick out like a sore thumb.

I don’t see any issues with balconies or black trim. My only gripe is the siding and even a minor gripe at that. I’m happy with the way it turned out, it’s better than 90% of the 5/1s out there.

Back