Pitchforks will be selling like hotcakes this weekend lol.
Go big, go flashy at full strength - whatever they proposed would have been opposed might as well put full effort in.

The design really understands this is the heart of Marda Loop - if they pull this off it and it comes out like the render, it would be a massive win for the area to cement it as the next up-and-coming urban cluster of actual scale/density to meaningfully support pedestrian retail.

They don't hand out CO-OPs everyday, after all. Having that in the neighbourhood would be a game changer let alone 1,000 more people directly above it to keep the shops and bars open forever.

19 stories in Marda Loop? Not a chance it will go through.

I can't wait to have that lot redeveloped with a Co-op on site but I just don't see this happening. And for me, I'm far more excited by the work Leonard Development Group is doing 2 blocks away, and the Central Taps about to start construction.

I think the development team will have a presence at Mardas Gras this weekend. If you are attending, give them a visit and feedback (good or bad).
I'm wondering what Marda Gras will be like this year given that 33rd is completely ripped up. Guessing it will be toned down somewhat.

Reactions: AJX
So unfortunate but understandable downside will also be that the sidewalks on the three sides of the site will remain unfinished until after the development is complete.

Positive that I heard at the info centre is that the goal will be to develop all towers generally at once, although I think phasing is still up in the air.

Does that mean that those sidewalks will not be completed as a part of the Main Streets project? Or are they being completed and then promptly ripped up again?

Does that mean that those sidewalks will not be completed as a part of the Main Streets project? Or are they being completed and then promptly ripped up again?
They (the development team) said it won’t be completed as part of Main Streets because they don’t want to waste taxpayer money (i.e., the developer will pay to complete it). My argument to them was “well what happens if the developer doesn’t get funding, or the market changes, and this project gets delayed”, and their response was that “then the City would come back”.

I don’t love it. I’d prefer the City complete the work and it get repaired, because I just think the risk of it not getting completed for 3-5 years is not worth the taxpayer savings.

They (the development team) said it won’t be completed as part of Main Streets because they don’t want to waste taxpayer money (i.e., the developer will pay to complete it). My argument to them was “well what happens if the developer doesn’t get funding, or the market changes, and this project gets delayed”, and their response was that “then the City would come back”.

I don’t love it. I’d prefer the City complete the work and it get repaired, because I just think the risk of it not getting completed for 3-5 years is not worth the taxpayer savings.
In this case the developer should have to put a bond down for the cost of the sidewalks.

Back