Votes: 4 5.5%
  • So so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Very Good

• Terrible

• Total voters
Looking less and less like the renderings. Really disappointed with this one as it seems all the cool features are being cut out. There is way less clear glass and instead more cheap looking white panels and ugly spandrel. If they ditch the wood underbelly I will be pissed. I don't understand with such a huge budget how they are value engineering this thing and totally butchering it. Still holding out hope but every time I see updates I'm feeling less and less confident. My fingers are crossed that more clear glass will appear as the bow of the boat is built and the wood turns out as good as the rendering.

It's one of those projects that won't come together until the very end. There are always changes when you have a budget cap.

Loving this! Can't wait to get to study in it next year :)

20170522_144953_resized.jpg
20170522_144958_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20170522_144953_resized.jpg
    20170522_144953_resized.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 148
  • 20170522_144958_resized.jpg
    20170522_144958_resized.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 232
Well that picture confirms what I feared. Way less glass than the rendering. It's too bad because the transparent sections looked outstanding in the renderings. I would imagine that the interior will not be as bright as originally intended. Not enough windows now for natural light to flow in. Still hoping when it is all complete it will look great. It just won't go down as a masterpiece anymore. As of now I would place it below NMC.

Dang, you guys are right. I was being hopeful, but this pretty much confirms it. The renderings do show quite a bit of clear glass at the northern pointed end of the building, so let's hope that happens :)

Yeah, every time I go by this thing, I can't help being let down. The general form is great, the renderings were great....but the actual impact of it when you come up to it on the street? A big old meh. The quantity, and quality, of the spandrel just ruins it. As soon as they put the first bits of terra cotta tile on NMC, you knew it was going to be something special. This on the other hand, just looks kinda cheap.

Last edited:

Back