Votes: 4 5.5%
  • So so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Very Good

• Terrible

• Total voters
As much as our gut sense tells us LRT station retail is a good idea, experience is that it requires subsidy to work - especially where the city is providing no bathrooms, which is all of them. Even in Toronto it is a surprisingly tiny revenue centre.

Interesting. My only experience in North America is the Commercial Drive Hub in East Vancouver. Hard to imagine in a dense metro region like TO it wouldn’t work. Must be my guts :)

Damn these feeble guts of mine.

What's the difference between a station building with retail frontage and a condo or office tower with the same?

What's the difference between a station building with retail frontage and a condo or office tower with the same?

odd-museums-Historic-Voodoo-Museum-520.jpg

LOL Those steps look functionally unpleasant. The tile looks like marble.

LOL Those steps look functionally unpleasant. The tile looks like marble.
It looks like there are two types of steps...one for typical walk up and one set for setting maybe? If it's for sitting and hanging out, then the idea is actually quite cool. Could make for a good public space.

LOL Silly guys. The actual staircase the worker is walking up has really deep treads. They would be great for running up.

Yeah, I think those are clearly meant to act more like platforms, not stairs. It's a nice touch for sure.

I'm really liking the idea of those platform/bench type steps. Love it.

The pic must be this section of rendering.
max_cae768ef925032a8334fc7e8df628273-jpg.57982

^the rendered steps look okay. Maybe it's the angle of the photo that makes them look unpleasantly deep.

They do look really long at the bottom but by the top from that picture they don't look as long to me.

Back