Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Very Good

• Terrible

• Total voters
That would be ideal.

It is indeed.
I think the N3 twin is the lot directly west of the St. Louis in the E2 spot in the map that darwink posted. However, it looks like the little NE lot of the library might just be a little plaza space based on this plan:

From the other day, a complete tour of the exterior...

VLod5wsbRmqIpu0PnaD6fg.jpg
iSoyqq0JR++dV7x6hKE9FA.jpg
eCP03KIHS3aXXJ3Mn2COxQ.jpg
fullsizeoutput_32dd.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_32db.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_32d9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_32d8.jpeg
U9tpD0EISTKto7KBeQQmyA.jpg

When I went on a tour last year, they said that they were trying to find someone to build a boutique hotel in that location. I doubt they have had any luck.

Won’t compete with this but Airdrie is also getting a new library. 50,000 square foot facility going to be built at the location of the old downtown fire hall. I couldn’t find the article saying the decision was made. Only setting aside a little under $30 million for it I think.

This was expensive, but damn did they ever do it right. This marvelous building will be a dominant feature of downtown for our whole lives, and I am glad they spent the money ensuring it was as beautiful as envisioned. I hope Calgary never forgets this example and builds all large cultural projects to the same standard (or at least with the same vision!) Well done.

I stopped by the library this weekend, the first time since February and I am still extremely impressed.

For those who thought the library's vibrancy was going to take a dive after a couple of months when the novelty wore off, they couldn't be more wrong. The place is still buzzing. It's a complete success and arguably Calgary's best public space.

Back