16371649069095767962330075462564.jpg
20211117_090042.jpg

Essentially a BUMP but for the +15 network. I'm not clever enough to come up with a catchy acronym
I could come up with a bad acronym or two.

Just to add a little to the idea, I think that concentrating on one stretch would be the way to start. Perhaps the few that cross Stephen Ave as well as the ones crossing the Streets between 9th Ave and 7th Ave. This would allow people to walk Steven Ave and have installations in front, behind, to the left and to the right. Then grow north from there along Streets that have the best ground level interaction.

Just another failed LED attempt in this city. Off the top of my head, Jamieson Place, Centrium Tower, Arriva, Palliser One, Saddledome roof ring, and many of Telus Sky’s LED’s have all failed completely or to some degree. Why bother anymore.

Last edited:
Surprisingly the Calgary Tower has remained pretty flawless since the LED’s have been installed. I think the difference is ownership maintenance. If anything goes out on the Tower it must be replaced or fixed pretty quick. These other buildings either don’t have the money (Arriva), or just don’t care enough to fix them, in which case I would still say why did they bother.

Back