News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Edmonton will go that direction also. It always has. Typically, Calgary will have a price burst and Edmonton will follow with one about a year or so later, it'll get to about 75% of Calgary's median price and then both will stabilize for a while until Calgary has another burst. At least that's the cycle for the past few decades, and I expect it will be for the next decade.
we all know that Edmonton is a compromise ;) however I suspect many in Calgary are getting fed up and moving to Ed for some pricing relief.

We're still not going up as much as the national rate.
1723127311447.png

1723127317831.png

It will take another few interest rate drops and less people moving here (internationally and nationally) for us to see prices start going the other way. Being below the national still means people from Ontario and BC will look at Calgary and if that's still too much they'll look at Edmonton. I suspect both (changes in migration/immigration and interest rates) will take 6 months to a year to make their way to the rental market because those are typical lease terms but maybe it is quicker than that. Granted Toronto and Vancouver are unaffordable to buy in and I don't suspect a few interest rate cuts to change that but less students and renters in those markets is already affecting condos.

Back