Votes: 30 76.9%
  • So So

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Not Very good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
I can't remember this, but is 8th street crossing open to pedestrians, or will it be open to pedestrians later? I should remember this being that I pass by there a fair bit.

Let’s face it, that particular location isn’t very good now that 8th is closed. I’m happy to see anything built.
Apart from the train noise, there's a lot to like about the location. Kind of urban format cul-de-sac, with top-level pathway access (once all the construction of the bridges are finished) to Inglewood, Downtown and the future Greenline Station/pathway. Downtown views are great too.

The only access loss for this area due to the 8 Street SE closure is a slightly more direct vehicle access Inglewood and downtown. Both of those now have a slightly longer vehicle routes and few block detour (like a minute longer drive? max?). Whatever the delay is over the 8 Street route, I'd think it's fairly negligible if you are actually planning on heading farther than the immediate area in your car. Unless you are driving to the Deane House I don't really know what 8 Street SE access would have be critical for.

If there was some sound-proofing and/or sound wall or tree barrier to muffle the noise, it would probably go a long way to minimize the obvious downsides of the location.

Apart from the train noise, there's a lot to like about the location. Kind of urban format cul-de-sac, with top-level pathway access (once all the construction of the bridges are finished) to Inglewood, Downtown and the future Greenline Station/pathway. Downtown views are great too.

The only access loss for this area due to the 8 Street SE closure is a slightly more direct vehicle access Inglewood and downtown. Both of those now have a slightly longer vehicle routes and few block detour (like a minute longer drive? max?). Whatever the delay is over the 8 Street route, I'd think it's fairly negligible if you are actually planning on heading farther than the immediate area in your car. Unless you are driving to the Deane House I don't really know what 8 Street SE access would have be critical for.

If there was some sound-proofing and/or sound wall or tree barrier to muffle the noise, it would probably go a long way to minimize the obvious downsides of the location.
I agree about the location and the vehicle access. I think it’s more of a perception thing, in reality vehicle access hasn’t changed very much, but the perception might be that vehicle access is limited. On The flipside, having the street closed could also be a plus. Less traffic and you won’t have cars lined up waiting for the trains.

61B9A9B5-07E2-4367-96CC-AD94AB73B91F.jpeg
BB3D331F-1D2D-4A60-82FC-35EBBB8932BB.jpeg

Back