Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 97 66.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 6.9%

• Total voters
So I guess the big dig begins after Stampede. My guess is that we'll get exterior renders for the Stampede, and then the design permit will be submitted later in the month of July.
Makes sense. Would think it takes until September/October before were talking formal groundbreaking with a construction permit, but given the depth and shoring required, this first step makes a lot of sense

I’m not sure if this counts for new arena talk but the dome is getting a new scoreboard.

IMG_0111.jpeg

It could possibly be moved into the new arena when it's done. Also interesting to see Sportsnet so prominently displayed on it. Maybe they got a scoreboard sponsor like Enmax was with the old one?

It could possibly be moved into the new arena when it's done. Also interesting to see Sportsnet so prominently displayed on it. Maybe they got a scoreboard sponsor like Enmax was with the old one?
Doesn't seem like it - "it will not be brought into the new arena; the Flames said it will be replaced by yet another scoreboard designed specifically for that purpose."

It's being called the "Sportsnet Scoreboard", so I think that logo is permanent and not a screen

Flames are saying it won't be moved, hope Sportsnet is paying for it, otherwise ticket prices will. :rolleyes:

If Enmax isn't involved, will we still get the fireballs?

I'm sure the fire stays, I hope they lean into the fire in the new building. Can't wait for July 22... I wonder if we get a proper name for this thing, I hate "Events Centre".

My fear: Enmax Energy Events Centre

My hope: TELUS Coral
Something to set it apart would be ideal but will likely be generic arena name like all of them now.

Back