The theatre was back of house which was a 4 storey featureless box. The rest of the tower was utilitarian compared to the street frontages. This is an architectural upgrade in every sense as long as the white panels aren't aluminum

My goodness, are my eyes deceiving me or did they strip away the Art Deco features of the building?!?! If I didn’t know the previous history and architecture of the building, I would say it looks really good! But I will say it is disappointing to see it in this way.
The old back:
1700675866869.png

The Barron Building Saga continues:

Not the best news.

"A spokesperson for Strategic Group confirmed to Global News construction was paused so the project could undergo “a value engineering process” to address climbing costs."

*sigh*

In my unscientific opinion, this needs more square footage. There's some room to expand the back a bit and still have some separation from 707 and build up 3 to 5 floors on the back half.

Not really. Better would be money upfront with a performance bond/lien.
The above is from 2021. Money up front (reimbursement as cost is incurred) would have vastly accelerated this project. Instead, it has limped forwarded and is taking a rest again. Sigh.

Is it better that the city hasn't cut a cheque yet, but the project failed?

Back