calgary-herald-article-on-the-barron-building-april-14-1979.jpg

It will be so wonderful for this building to be reimagined while maintaining most of its original exterior character. My favourite part of this proposal is that it activates the north face... an entire new addition to the CBD right next to a train station. Restaurant(s) included.

Hate to revive threads for inactive projects, but I just did some surfing around and this one may be starting again this year. The project demo/reconstruction started back in 2018 and then halted in late 2019, but now the "Alberta Major Projects" website has the start date switched to 2021. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Hate to revive threads for inactive projects, but I just did some surfing around and this one may be starting again this year. The project demo/reconstruction started back in 2018 and then halted in late 2019, but now the "Alberta Major Projects" website has the start date switched to 2021. Hopefully that is a good sign.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. Their information, especially for startup dates, has been off many times. Let's hope they're right this time.

They did say they were going to get back to work on it. Here's hoping!

Back