I'm pretty sure it's a new design. The latest DP was submitted by Norr, and that design was more of a concept design by a different architect. I actually remember seeing it on SSP, like 10 years ago.

Yeah good point. The bow is only drawn in in that picture (lol and backwards at that :p) and I don't seen any signs of Nuera et al. You're probably right about this getting a new design. I just hope that it isn't a run of the mill spandrel glass Vancouver clone. Those are fine, but no way to make use of that kind of scale. "Here's the tallest yawn in all of who cares." would be my response. :(

Though it's not likely to be that design, I honestly wouldn't mind if it was. It's different, interesting, and has a cool looking crown.
That design also looks pretty scale-able. I could see it being a 1200ft tower as easily as I could see it being a 600ft tower.
Either way, seems like a solid design, looking forward to what they come up with now though. Agree fully with Oddball though, the height is great but if it's just a regular building I won't be half as exited for it.

I think I might like that conceptual design if the glass was silvery gray instead of gold.

I would say there's a good chance to something similar to the conceptual design. It's very West Village Towers being built by Cidex and designed by NORR Dubai. It has me worried. It's showy like West Village. The actual architecture and street level interaction isn't great at all. 178 metres here needs to be exceptionally good even if it isn't exceptionally different.

I've seen it. I am not sure the rules of my company in terms of privacy, etc.., so I won't give a detailed description. All I will say is it looks nothing like "constellation".
Any hints? :) If you had to compare it to an existing project maybe?

Any hints? :) If you had to compare it to an existing project maybe?
Like I said, I am still a bit unclear on the rules of how much I can divulge, however since it is a permit in at the city, anyone can go take a look.

In my opinion, it is not going to be an architectural masterpiece, but keep in mind it is a non-luxury market rental building. It looks okay, not spectacular, but not bad in my opinion. If I had a criticism, it would be that it is a bit "plain" maybe, for something that will be so visible always, given Macleod Trail's set-up. I prefer the West Village Towers over this design personally. A positive sign to me is I tend to like the towers that Cidex builds, in terms of material selection and quality. Westbrook and Aura twins turned out pretty nicely I feel. Hopefully this one keeps the same level of quality.

Like I said, I am still a bit unclear on the rules of how much I can divulge, however since it is a permit in at the city, anyone can go take a look.

In my opinion, it is not going to be an architectural masterpiece, but keep in mind it is a non-luxury market rental building. It looks okay, not spectacular, but not bad in my opinion. If I had a criticism, it would be that it is a bit "plain" maybe, for something that will be so visible always, given Macleod Trail's set-up. I prefer the West Village Towers over this design personally. A positive sign to me is I tend to like the towers that Cidex builds, in terms of material selection and quality. Westbrook and Aura twins turned out pretty nicely I feel. Hopefully this one keeps the same level of quality.

I disagree with you on Cidex and/or NORR so plain is a cause for optimism.

Back