Hi,
If These Bldgs were to get Blt, it would B quite the Project Really. It won't B Dvlpmt on a East/West Bases in D T or the Belt Line. I come away
with the Views there will B a North/South Route as Such Along 1st St. S.E, and MacLeod Tr, South. plus 4th St. S.W. as Well. Time will tell
in the Next Year or Two.. Most Interesting as I See It.

Tnx,
Operater.

They look okay, and will give some serious density to that part of the Beltline, but I'm finding myself liking the original Dubai/Las Vegas type towers. I originally thought they were cheesy, but now looking at them again, I think they would really standout. I'm even liking the garish gold coloring lol.

They look okay, and will give some serious density to that part of the Beltline, but I'm finding myself liking the original Dubai/Las Vegas type towers. I originally thought they were cheesy, but now looking at them again, I think they would really standout. I'm even liking the garish gold coloring lol.

I don't know, I think Calgary has enough standout architecture in its towers that it doesn't need it. IMO some of the nicest looking towers in cities like TO and NY are the tall sleek towers that look more conventional, the fact that they don't call too much attention to themselves increases the normalcy of tall buildings and density.

I.e. Commerce Court
250px-Toronto_-_ON_-_Commerce_Court_West.jpg

Or the ICE Condos:
urbantoronto-9305-32253.jpg

I don't know, I think Calgary has enough standout architecture in its towers that it doesn't need it. IMO some of the nicest looking towers in cities like TO and NY are the tall sleek towers that look more conventional, the fact that they don't call too much attention to themselves increases the normalcy of tall buildings and density.
I just find that even with some nice buildings in Calgary, most are gray and silver, it would neat to see something totally different, even if it was on the garish side.

Commerce Court is a standout tower.

You can never have enough stand out architecture. There's not much in the form of residential in Calgary either. Telus Sky is one. It's also mixed use. It's either bland or garish and always boxy.

Wow Beltline's really heating up, so many large quantity unit developments/proposals. I guess with 3k population growth over the last 2 years during relatively slow city growth, developers really are bullish on future growth. Shouldn't be long before we see 30k population here. I'd like to see close-ups of the podium. Do they require above ground parking here due to the adjacent river?

Not entirely sure if I'm allowed to post this or if it's still supposed to be a secret, but I saw it on Google Images pretty quickly so if it's a secret, it's not very well kept haha.
Are these the renders you remember seeing at one point @Surrealplaces ?
Streetscape-view2a.jpg

If there's any problem with me posting this i'll happily just delete this post. I'm not a fan of the beige looking crowns, doesn't go well with the rest of the tower or city imo. I don't mind it on the podium as much, and I like the height of the podium.
This also looks very dense, which is cool, and the way the building follows the riverbank helps what would be an otherwise very boxy, dull project become a little more appealing.

I'd like to see some HD renders and I might change my view, at the moment I think it's just okay. Like a 6.5/10. The height is awesome, podium looks solid, but I don't like the crown in its current state and the towers seem too white and monotonous in this picture.

I guess there's no shadow rule with the Elbow River? Otherwise this probably wouldn't be built.

Hi,
Looks Like the Dvlprs are in a Positive Mood. See who is Out of the Starting Gates 1st off. Good Luck Dvlprs.

Tnx,
Operater.

http://everydaytourist.ca/2018/2018/7/31/condo-living-urban-condos-too-many-amenities
I was reading this article and Im 99% sure its talking about this project

"There seems to be a bit of “one-upmanship” happening, these days in Calgary when it comes to condo amenities. Bruce McKenzie, Vice President, Business Development, NORR Architects Engineers Planners tells me they are working on a project that will have luxury guest suites in a prime location looking out onto the Elbow River, a jogging/walking track, a large garden also overlooking the Elbow River and a solar cell phone charging area. It will even have its own dog park. "

Might explain why the podium cares less about interacting with the street/river and more about providing some exclusive/unique amenities to its residents.

What are the expected amenity areas in buildings in Calgary (per sq.m)? I know in different municipalities in the lower mainland, amenity space is expected at varying amounts per sq.m or per unit, depending on municipality and unit type, but not sure what the requirement is in Calgary. It can be a bit onerous and throw off a proforma here with high land prices, depending on the pricepoint.

Back