I haven’t heard any starting dates, and I think dates would be a little ways off yet, but this project is in play.

Can you elaborate? Are the out for construction pricing or are you referring to the fact that they have submitted their DP application?

No tendering yet, but I believe pricing might be part of it, yes. I’m not sure exactly what work, but I can try and find out. I know there are people working on it.
Can you elaborate? Are the out for construction pricing or are you referring to the fact that they have submitted their DP application?

Hi,
Lets See, 56 Flrs Up! Will this Make it the Tallest Bldg in Mission South/Erlton? I know there is that 4 Tower Project Down in Erlton across from Erlton
Stamped Station. Heights? 30 Something Flrs if I am Correct.

Tnx,
Operater.

Yeah I'm pretty sure if it remains at its current 178m height it will be the tallest building in the area quite easily, far taller than The Guardian, for example, which is 147m and was not long ago celebrated, if I'm not mistaken, as some of the tallest purely residential buildings in Western Canada? Something along those lines anyways, it's been a while ;)

The project I believe you're referring to, Crosstown, is much shorter than either of those, at 88m, 30 floors.

Hi,
I Know that East Village is the Site to Watch, and I don't Find Fault Really, but I see these Other Areas/Sites that I feel have a Lot of Promises/Opportunities as Well.
I take a PRO Dvlpmt Outlook mainly because I Believe in Calgary and Alberta - a sort of CAN DO Outlook. I Still look at the Areas between 10/Mac Leod and South to
Earlton as having a Lot of Promise and Potential Worth Watching, Still Look at Down Town West and Belt West as Growth Opportunities if We handle it Right. I Know
We don't hear a lot about it, but Its My Views a lot of Properties are being Bought/Sold in so called Victoria Park/East Belt, Belt Line and Belt West. I give It 5 yrs and a lot of the Areas DT West End and where all the car dealer ships are will B a Totally Different Areas as Such. Why? Because Dvlprs and Investment Money Make for Strange
Bed Fellows. They have a Lot of Confidence in this City and that is a Good Thing. OK to Disagree, but Calgary is MY HOME and I Believe in Calgary. 40 Yrs Says a Lot.

Tnx,
Operater.

Not entirely sure if I'm allowed to post this or if it's still supposed to be a secret, but I saw it on Google Images pretty quickly so if it's a secret, it's not very well kept haha.
Are these the renders you remember seeing at one point @Surrealplaces ?
Streetscape-view2a.jpg

If there's any problem with me posting this i'll happily just delete this post. I'm not a fan of the beige looking crowns, doesn't go well with the rest of the tower or city imo. I don't mind it on the podium as much, and I like the height of the podium.
This also looks very dense, which is cool, and the way the building follows the riverbank helps what would be an otherwise very boxy, dull project become a little more appealing.

I'd like to see some HD renders and I might change my view, at the moment I think it's just okay. Like a 6.5/10. The height is awesome, podium looks solid, but I don't like the crown in its current state and the towers seem too white and monotonous in this picture.

I guess there's no shadow rule with the Elbow River? Otherwise this probably wouldn't be built.

Those are indeed the towers. It was a render from a different angle, but the same towers. Shouldn't be a problem posting it if it was out on internet somewhere already.
Not entirely sure if I'm allowed to post this or if it's still supposed to be a secret, but I saw it on Google Images pretty quickly so if it's a secret, it's not very well kept haha.
Are these the renders you remember seeing at one point @Surrealplaces ?
Streetscape-view2a.jpg

If there's any problem with me posting this i'll happily just delete this post. I'm not a fan of the beige looking crowns, doesn't go well with the rest of the tower or city imo. I don't mind it on the podium as much, and I like the height of the podium.
This also looks very dense, which is cool, and the way the building follows the riverbank helps what would be an otherwise very boxy, dull project become a little more appealing.

I'd like to see some HD renders and I might change my view, at the moment I think it's just okay. Like a 6.5/10. The height is awesome, podium looks solid, but I don't like the crown in its current state and the towers seem too white and monotonous in this picture.

I guess there's no shadow rule with the Elbow River? Otherwise this probably wouldn't be built.

Oh my G, YAAAAAS!

Such tall! Very height!

I see what @Meikkhaell is saying about the grey crowns. They are a bit dull. The podium also looks very imposing. I like the look of it generally speaking though. I think I like that it isn't just box shaped most of all.

The height is very impressive. It's crazy to see Nuera et al. being dwarfed like that. But if there's anything that stands out as needing work in that render its gotta be the Big 4. It looks like a warehouse next to this sky palace.

It probably only shades the Elbow at certain times in the morning in summer. Maybe that isn't beyond the tolerance.

Thanks for the shares.

Overall I don't mind the renderings. Its sort of whats being thrown up in Toronto nowadays. Ya the crown could better and same with the podium but I'll save my final thoughts until we see a clear HD version of the renderings. The only thing that is disheartening to see is the placement of the buildings. Why does it seem that they are all going to be horizontally placed from west to east, I was hoping they would use as much land from south to north in order to help the skyline extend southwards more evenly.

Back