News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It's long overdue, but as is often the case, things have to hit a point before action is done. I haven't looked into any crime statistics for Calgary recently, but it seems like there is a stabbing or something else around the LRT on a daily basis now.

It's long overdue, but as is often the case, things have to hit a point before action is done. I haven't looked into any crime statistics for Calgary recently, but it seems like there is a stabbing or something else around the LRT on a daily basis now.
If people don't feel safe using the LRT, then the system becomes a failure. A system held hostage by a few hundred people.

Good to hear, I assume they're expanding safe injection sites, funding more housing and working on treating the addiction crisis. A little more enforcement is okay, but it won't solve the problem, just push it around.

Heard an interesting interview on a podcast somewhere that one key reason you see people taking drugs in transit stops is because they are monitored by CCTV, so you are more likely to get help if you overdose. (And the reason overdosing is such a problem is the lack of safe supply.)

This is actually very smart promotion and a great deal. Solves the family weekend trip problem (the cost part at least) and even makes many trips now feasible even as a couple adults out on the town.

Considering competition for group travel is car ownership, ubers or taxis - all of which are far more expensive to complete the same weekend trips - having a simple and easy to use pass available via the app is a really smart idea.

I hope they find ways to promote it better than just the Calgary city news alert - branding and marketing needed.

This is actually very smart promotion and a great deal. Solves the family weekend trip problem (the cost part at least) and even makes many trips now feasible even as a couple adults out on the town.

Considering competition for group travel is car ownership, ubers or taxis - all of which are far more expensive to complete the same weekend trips - having a simple and easy to use pass available via the app is a really smart idea.

I hope they find ways to promote it better than just the Calgary city news alert - branding and marketing needed.
I was so surprised that it's really only $15, the value is pretty crazy compared to what you'd be paying otherwise.
I feel you with the marketing... it's abysmal. I see small glimmers of hope at times (2022 paper passes and system map cover) but there's no cohesive branding direction other than loosely carrying over City branding.

Anecdotal of course but taking the train 16 to 20 times a week, within the inner city, I have noticed a marked decrease in weirdness in the last several days since the increase in security presence. It’s definitely moving in the right direction so far.

Looks like they're doing some refurbs at Brentwood Station.
20230502_072952.jpg
brentwood-after-1.png
brentwood-after-2.png

The change seems great! But didn't they recently remove the doors off of a transit shelter for safety? Seems odd to also be widening the shelter and creating more space.

The change seems great! But didn't they recently remove the doors off of a transit shelter for safety? Seems odd to also be widening the shelter and creating more space.
All the doors which were there previously are still there as far as I can tell.

Back