The Podium at Aiss'ka'pooma: Saw some tenants enjoying the evening on their balconies at the first completed building (pic #4) at the southwest corner of the site. First floor walls going up on new buildings at east side of the site.
IMG_7391exp.jpg
IMG_7415_7422exp.jpg
IMG_7428exp.jpg
IMG_7493exp.jpg
IMG_7443_7453exp.jpg
IMG_7479exp.jpg

Medicine Hill Block H apartments:
IMG_7367exp.jpg
IMG_7785exp.jpg
IMG_7791exp.jpg

Skyway at Medicine Hill phase 1: Tenants may be moving into the south building (saw some chairs on some of the balconies).
IMG_7372exp.jpg
IMG_7384exp.jpg
IMG_7558exp.jpg
IMG_7576_7582exp.jpg
IMG_7607_7613exp.jpg

Bucci Townhomes: Road that runs through the development (behind Wellings) has been paved.
IMG_7637exp.jpg
IMG_7701_7708exp.jpg
IMG_7711exp.jpg

The Village Townhomes Wolf Run:
IMG_7555exp.jpg

This is going at a very impressive pace, even faster than University District.

The Podium at Aiss'ka'pooma: The retail street looks complete, but unoccupied (There is a sign for a coffee shop coming in 2025 (Fenyk)).
IMG_0215_0229exp.jpg
IMG_0538exp.jpg
IMG_0149_0154exp.jpg
IMG_0240_0254exp.jpg
IMG_0125exp.jpg

Skyway at Medicine Hill phase 1: The road is being dug up just past the phase 1 buildings -- utility work for phase 2?
IMG_0111exp.jpg
IMG_0271exp.jpg
IMG_0282_0287exp.jpg
IMG_0291exp.jpg
IMG_0297exp.jpg
IMG_0329_0335exp.jpg

Medicine Hill Block H apartments:
IMG_0492exp.jpg
IMG_0502exp.jpg

The Village Townhomes Wolf Run:
IMG_0259exp.jpg

Bucci Townhomes:
IMG_0353_0359exp.jpg

Density here is the win, but I cannot believe the architectural quality... This should've looked like a strip on Canmore in Calgary. It will never not bug me.
I don't disagree, but many of those buildings in Canmore are designed and priced for the 5%ers....these need financially appeal to a much larger demo, and as well all know, that has a direct impact on finishings

I don't disagree, but many of those buildings in Canmore are designed and priced for the 5%ers....these need financially appeal to a much larger demo, and as well all know, that has a direct impact on finishings
5%ers? A one bedroom in Canmore is more than a SFH in Calgary these days lol

Fine, fair point. Canmore is maybe too much of a reach. But I stand by the fact that the architectural quality in Trinity Hills is below average, give me University District, instead we got another suburban density add with the arterial road and strip mall shopping to go along with it.

Density here is the win, but I cannot believe the architectural quality... This should've looked like a strip of Canmore in Calgary. It will never not bug me.
The mountains do a lot of heavy lifting in Canmore. Street level at that Podium building actually isn't far off what they do in Canmore - slap some stone and wood wherever they can. Canmore seems to top out at 4 stories, so peaked roofs and exposed beams are more impactful. I agree they could go a little further on materials, but I'm just not sure you'll get that vibe from that size.

I'd say there was more potential for mountain vibes at the row houses and shopping complexes (particularly the one to the west). I think the MEC was going to look good, but everything else was plucked straight from Deerfoot Meadows. I think it's the flat roofs that make it feel like big box land. Would it be much more expensive to incorporate some subtle angles? I think the Kodiak Country refresh actually works really well:

Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 10.50.52 AM.png

Back