Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Is there any information about the design, unit count etc.? I reached out to the developer directly but I didn't have any luck.
Just check the first page. Renderings and unit count. Tower heights will be 150 meters, 125 meters, and 100 meters. Total of 575 units, with 90 000 square feet of retail in the podium.

West Village
by Render Central, on Flickr

Lol, the one I provided is also included in the album in the link you provided.

Thanks for the link. It would be a shame if they loose those sky patios, but it won't really kill the general aesthetic of the build, of which I'm a fan.

The removal of the trees will probably lead to further changes. There's no need for the transparent glass or the now decorative roof top. Toning it down would be a good thing. (something decorative should require changing the DP) The podium is where the project needs a lot of work. It's sterile and not very inviting. Is that more multicoloured hardieboard?

The removal of the trees will probably lead to further changes. There's no need for the transparent glass or the now decorative roof top. Toning it down would be a good thing. (something decorative should require changing the DP) The podium is where the project needs a lot of work. It's sterile and not very inviting. Is that more multicoloured hardieboard?

Making a change to the DP or changing the DP altogether. In my experience, if it's a minor change the applicant generally outlines the changes in red attaching notes explaining the changes. Anything major to the structure and a new DP is required. If it's something like a change in the number of floors on a repeating tower tower portion, the changes to the existing DP seem to be fine.

Three pictures from yesterday:

34579091416_df5365f11d_b.jpg

33810609723_7e72273664_b.jpg

34490060761_d6aaa2e2c8_b.jpg

This is very exciting! Downtown core getting another nearly 600 units!

A good reason for the city to improve on that 11th street corridor. It's already a busy corridor, but add in these buildings and a possible tower on 11th and 11th, and you've got a large amount of people that will be using it.

Hi Group,
I Wonder what happens to All the Small Bldgs between 9th Ave and 8th Ave and between 11th and 10th St. S.W. Can't see them lasting much Longer. With the Kerby Centre Looking for Land for a New Home Makes the Whole Areas Between 11th St. and 9th St and 7th Ave South Side to 9th Ave South a Whole New Ball Game for
Redevelopement, What Goes In? Any ones guess. I Figure mostly Condo Towers, Various Heights. We Shall See.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Group,

So Wexford Sold Their half of the Development to Cidex. Hope they got Enough Money to cover their costs. I admit the Towers Look Really Great. Just Hope all 3 Get Blt.
Hope this Adds some Competition to East Village. With this Project on the GO at Last, I GIVE Cidex Top Credit having what it Takes to Build in a Depressed Economy of Sorts in Calgary. It would B in Really Great if other Developers Had the Guts that Cidex has to go ahead with Various Projects, If Edmonton can DO IT so can Calgary.

Tnx,
Operater.

Back