I've seen the floorplans and while some are 'ok' I'm concerned that the only units that will be available at $149900 will be the shoe box sized unit at 455 sq feet. The next unit up is over 500 sq feet and I'm wondering if these units will be $19900+.

I'm getting the same vibe that I got when Fly came out advertising their $149 000 units.

Originally Posted by urbandreamer
My point is the area has crappy architecture (except Palace Pier), is isolated from the world, and is ultimately pointless unless you're a suburbanite at heart but thinks "downtown" is cooler--once or twice a week, like going to the Drake once a week, going to Yonge St, etc. Basically, it's an ideal place to live if you're not from Toronto. and don't know the city's 'nabes/charms well.

Fully agree.

this is what I been saying all the time,this area is actually for living not easy excess to the nearest TTC stop or the nearest Tim Hortons

Woah, Tim Hortons? People who live downtown don't drink Tim Hortons. It does not happen.

Notwithstanding the above, this does look to be a killer deal. The Queensway streetcar is pretty quick and with Transit City the lakeshore streetcar will be even better.

I've seen the floorplans and while some are 'ok' I'm concerned that the only units that will be available at $149900 will be the shoe box sized unit at 455 sq feet. The next unit up is over 500 sq feet and I'm wondering if these units will be $19900+.

I'm getting the same vibe that I got when Fly came out advertising their $149 000 units.

I think that larger unit is in the 160's

they just released the new floors plans for the $149k unit called Laguna , fuck it sucks :( , lost interest already hahahaha.....

they just released the new floors plans for the $149k unit called Laguna , fuck it sucks :( , lost interest already hahahaha.....

welcome to inflated R.E. values = small suite designs. :(

if prices were 20% less, you'd get 25% larger liveable suites for the same cost ...
it may not be the greatest, but at least 570 SF for $149K and 750SF for $199K are better.

its actually 635 sq ft + 115 sq ft (outdoor space), regardless its a great deal anyway you slice it

hmm where can you get a new condo for $199K for a 750SF condo in the GTA???

Irvine said:
its actually 635 sq ft + 115 sq ft (outdoor space), regardless its a great deal anyway you slice it

I think you both misunderstood ... the SF and prices I listed are what I Believe to be more reasonable; and not where it currently is.

455 sq ft from $150,000
545 sq ft from $199,900
580 sq ft from $210,000
that's what i gathered from a realtor a few days ago, maybe someone who went today can confirm. NOt too impressive....

455 sq ft from $150,000
545 sq ft from $199,900
580 sq ft from $210,000
that's what i gathered from a realtor a few days ago, maybe someone who went today can confirm. NOt too impressive....

Yup not impressive at all, my gut feeling of a fly condo style pricing system was confirmed today.

Here is the price list that I got:
455 sq ft $149900
530 sq ft $204900
545 sq ft $189900
580 sq ft $219900
635 sq ft $244900
675 sq ft $259900
695 sq ft $274900

etc

Plus $16000 for a standard parking spot (cheaper spots available if you have a smart/small car, or a moped), and $3000 for a storage locker.

$400 PSF with additional for parking and locker is not my opinion of value for Etobicoke, especially when the same can be had in dt TO for similar price.

I really don't think the deal's all that bad to tell you the truth. The 455sqft model is the same as the one in 96 St Patrick. I believe that model was selling for $170K. $149K doesn't seem too bad at all. I'm a Camrost fan so I might be biased here.

I like the 9T6 also and a CF admirer,but you get no parking,no locker,all standard interior,lower floors next to the chutes.This condo you really need a car to get around unless you plan to hustle everyday 5 blocks to the nearest TTC stop.You go up to the $200,000 units you have flooring upgrades,parking,granite counters,better location in the building and special financing.
Parking is only $15K more. I didn't know about the upgrades though. So the 149K unit is bare bones? No hardwood, no granite, etc? That would change my opinion a bit then.

Feldman is clearly desperate so you are looking at a project that may not even see registration. That's a major factor.

With all the inventory on the market plus the dozens of more desirable projects nearing completion why waste your time with this one? It very likely will never happen.

seeing that Camrost Felcorp has a number of building BUILT in the Mystic Pointe neighbourhood, and with iLofts under construction ... I see no reason why a builder wouldn't want to finish off their masterplan project sooner than later to the best of their ability ... Camrost does not have a reputation for / track record of failed projects (unlike 'some' builders LOL), I fully believe California condos will be built in time as soon as enough sales are generated

I personally think this is a great looking curved glass building and look forward to seeing the final product ... I particularly admire the top floor infinity pool + party room

Back