all things said ... I do think California condos is one of the few glass towers I actually DO LIKE ... the curved south face adds dimension to the building (rather than a typical glass box) ... the podium gives the complex good street presence along North Legion Road ... the SkyClub and Infinity pool on the top floor is VERY cool and unique in TO ... and based on other Camrost Felcorp buildings I've seen, I am confident that the finishing/materials/craftmanship will be of high quality

location wise, I believe this project isn't any worst / better than South Beach or non-lake facing units of Beyond the Sea

Funny you should say that ... prices in Stocken, which used to be one of the cities with expensive Cali R.E. are cheaper than TO.

I have yet to confirm but SFO and LAX are also supposedly substantially lower (35-40%) from their peaks.

LOL ... i didn't mean the airports literally ... just the cities, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices:
http://www2.standardandpoors.com/po...s_csmahp/0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0,0.html

http://www2.standardandpoors.com/spf/pdf/index/CSHomePrice_History_052619.xls

http://www2.standardandpoors.com/spf/pdf/index/SA_CSHomePrice_History_052619.xls

Last edited:
^Yes. I bike by the area all the time.

My point is the area has crappy architecture (except Palace Pier), is isolated from the world, and is ultimately pointless unless you're a suburbanite at heart but thinks "downtown" is cooler--once or twice a week, like going to the Drake once a week, going to Yonge St, etc. Basically, it's an ideal place to live if you're not from Toronto. and don't know the city's 'nabes/charms well. :p

Funkster is clearly doing some promo work for the developer. Hey, Funkster, wanna meet me and prove you're not working for them?

My point is the area has crappy architecture (except Palace Pier), is isolated from the world, and is ultimately pointless unless you're a suburbanite at heart but thinks "downtown" is cooler--once or twice a week, like going to the Drake once a week, going to Yonge St, etc. Basically, it's an ideal place to live if you're not from Toronto. and don't know the city's 'nabes/charms well. :p

Funkster is clearly doing some promo work for the developer. Hey, Funkster, wanna meet me and prove you're not working for them?
That's not a very accurate way of describing it.

Park Lawn isn't very far. I have friends who live around there near the lakeshore. They like it quite a bit. Very easy to get downtown when desired, and no, they don't need or want to be downtown 24/7. It's quite close to the water, without having to pay the premium for Harbourfront, or having to deal with the bazillion tourists either.

It's basically urban lakefront Toronto, but not downtown lakefront Toronto.

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of negativity on this thread!

My question is, if you have $150,000 to spend and would like a condominium in Etobicoke or western Toronto where would YOU buy?

^In an aA-designed building! Find me one, and I'll take a closer look.:)

NXT by Cresford is the closest thing, but there's tacky townhouses nearby that ruin the view, and it's in a B location. Get some red brick by aA and I'm happier.

Last edited:
I only see one unit on MLS from $125,000 to $175,000 in Etobicoke!

California is looking like a good deal to me.

haha. I'd be happy to meet up and grab a drink. I guess ducati should come too because he is positive about the project too.

Does this seriously make for a 'good location' these days? What's the appeal? Being near the food terminal?

Parks and the lake, plus easy access to highways.. Not everyone works downtown.
I know of many people who live in this area who work in Mississauga but don't want to live there, but still want to be a 20-30min drive to work.

Back