News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Thanks!

Going in to the Monterey Bay Aquarium without a flash on my camera or a macro lens was a real issue, but a few shots turned out.

Last edited:
At this point, we had been on the road for the first 8 hours of Day 5, on what was supposed to be a 6 hour drive. We were making terrible time because of all the photo ops, and decided to make one more stop in Big Sur before making the long haul south to LA. Piedras Blancas Elephant Seal rookery. You may know what several thousand elephant seals look like, but do you know what they smell like?

Piedras Blancas by Jack Landau, on Flickr

Next stop, Los Angeles.

1st Street, LA by Jack Landau, on Flickr

Last edited:

The next morning, day 6, we walked from our hotel along 1st Street over to the Walt Disney Concert Hall for our daily architecture fix:

After a brief architecture walk (my friend is only mildly interested in architecture and LA isn't the most pedestrian-friendly anyways), we decided to grab a bite to eat. At this point, we had a much better idea of just how costly this venture was, so we had gotten pretty thrifty. Denny's. Yup, gross, shameful Denny's. Oh well, at least I saw this ridiculous 49 Mercury:

Despite feeling crappy from an instantly regrettable meal choice, we drove aimlessly through the Hollywood hills, checking our random houses and turning on to every road that looked like it led to a higher elevation. After driving with no goals or direction for quite some time, we set the GPS for the Griffith Observatory, knowing full well that the hazy conditions and positioning of the sun would make for bland photos. Tried anyway.

Griffith Observatory by Jack Landau, on Flickr

Griffith Observatory (II) by Jack Landau, on Flickr

Back