News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Right, so his thoughts on the Senate are perfectly valid. It's only an internet discussion after all.

Here's what I said:

As you are neither a resident of Canada, nor a citizen of the country, your thoughts on the Canadian Senate are immaterial, are they not?

As a resident, a citizen and a taxpayer, I'd prefer to see the role of the Senate evolve. Nevertheless, I respect the views of my fellow citizens should they have a differing view on this topic.

His statement on the topic is, in my opinion, is immaterial.

Note very carefully that I never said that he should never speak on the topic or that he should be censored. Also, note that I was stating a personal opinion. If you disagree, that's fine with me. On issues of governance I happen to think that the ideas or thoughts of those who are governed - citizens - have more weight than those who are not citizens. I'm sure many Americans feel the same way about the musing of Canadians on the structure and function of the American government.

Here's what I said:

And the point is that we care less and less about your opinion with each passing day, so speak as much and as often as you would like. You're certainly free to do so.

No, you don't care. Others can speak for themselves.

Either way, you cared enough to respond, so you undermined your own statement. That, in itself, says enough.

So why not give up the attempts at personal attacks and let the thread get back on topic?

Back