News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Well, I think that the rendering of all those people spilling out onto the road is more than slightly ridiculous. The L Tower is more interesting to me, even without its full boot, than Backstage.

At least from that rendering, the L Tower's design looks like it would make a fantastic office tower. Though I accept that the reality of the size of the project, an office tower isn't really feasible.

Oh, and if a 1,000 people came out to admire this building like that, blocking traffic, Rob Ford would send through a snow plow to clear Yonge St.:p

Amazing that Backstage is being allowed that close to the rail tracks.

City Place has lots of condos very close too - if you look at the Market Wharf development (also close) the walls near the tracks seem to be thicker than others.

I wonder how many of those residents will start complaining about the noise (Noise in downtown Toronto! The very idea!) and demand strict(er) zoning laws. "I didn't realise I was moving downtown or above a theatre." :rolleyes:

At least from that rendering, the L Tower's design looks like it would make a fantastic office tower. Though I accept that the reality of the size of the project, an office tower isn't really feasible.

Oh, and if a 1,000 people came out to admire this building like that, blocking traffic, Rob Ford would send through a snow plow to clear Yonge St.:p

Ford wouldn't have approved it's being built in the first place! Ugh.

I want to buy a condo at Backstage - just so I can have thousands of adoring fans standing outside, admiring my condo every night.

I had no idea Backstage would be such an attraction. There seems to be a blue glass pattern on the rendering I hadn't noticed before.

If that blue glass is really going to be there it makes it into a horse race for me. Could be cool.

Back