9.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am creating this thread to cover all of the amazing things happening in Lower Hamilton. First up is Evil Empire Studios off Barton.

IMG_3534.jpeg
IMG_3532.jpeg
IMG_3535.jpeg
IMG_3536.jpeg
IMG_3537.jpeg
IMG_3538.jpeg
IMG_3539.jpeg
IMG_3540.jpeg
IMG_3542.jpeg
IMG_3543.jpeg
IMG_3545.jpeg
IMG_3546.jpeg
IMG_3547.jpeg

IMG_3548.jpeg

The Federal Buildings downtown on James St N is getting some substantial work done. Unsure if this is just the owner doing renovations or if someone has leased the space. Last I heard Forge & Foster (the bankrupt ones) owned this building so unsure the context:
1000011501.jpg
1000011540.jpg
1000011541.jpg

Edit: another picture from the next day where more of the stucco has been removed:
1000011586.jpg

Next up, 31 John St N, the Cafe Colonnade (@Chronamut I believe said it was going to be called something else) is nowhere near completion:

1000011544.jpg

Looks like Parma & Piccolo had a quiet soft opening, not ready for dinner yet it seems:

1000011546.jpg

Finally, something is going in slowly where Castelli Cucina was, and an Asian Coffee place is going in just across the street.

Last edited:
Haha I just commented on that in another thread! Dunno what's going on in there - and finally they are restoring that arch in the federal building - also ugh at the condition of the stucco.. still it killed my heart to just see it sitting there boarded up so I am happy.

I saw the place on king william open during supercrawl but I was determined to go to ciao bella so didn't check it out.

The place at the corner of John and King William has had workers in there every day I've walked by for the last little while again, so clearly not close to opening but something is still happening in there.

I believe I recall seeing the Federal Building selling through the Forge and Foster bankruptcy, I can't recall to who though. They must be sinking some money in to renovations of some sort. If the City's building permit website still wasn't down I could pull the permit to look.

The place at the corner of John and King William has had workers in there every day I've walked by for the last little while again, so clearly not close to opening but something is still happening in there.

I believe I recall seeing the Federal Building selling through the Forge and Foster bankruptcy, I can't recall to who though. They must be sinking some money in to renovations of some sort. If the City's building permit website still wasn't down I could pull the permit to look.
Perhaps I'll email the city and ask. The permit site being down really sucks.

it'd be funny if it was just squatters operating a meth lab in there all this time.

Back