9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
The 5th + 6th tower / Bldg 'E' + 'F' representing Phase 3 of Liberty Development's overall Thornhill City Centre community proposal located northwest of Bathurst Street + Centre Street in Concord-Thornhill ~

CentrePark.jpg

Community Master Plan - click to enlarge PDF

TCC_masterplan.jpg

Scaled Model - from Liberty's website
CentrePark_model.jpg

City Planning Staff Reports on overall Draft Plan of Subdivision

Preliminary Report - June 2004:
http://www.city.vaughan.on.ca/vaughan/council/minutes_agendas/committee_2004/pdf/CW(PH)0621_3.pdf

Final Report - February 2005:
http://www.city.vaughan.on.ca/vaughan/council/minutes_agendas/committee_2005/pdf/CWA0207_29.pdf

So in summary, there are 7 condominium towers and an array of townhouses proposed in the overall Thornhill City Centre community, as follows:
  1. Bldg 'A', 15 storeys, built (phase 1)
  2. Bldg 'B', 15 storeys, built (phase 1)
  3. Bldg 'C' - Beverley, 18 storeys, built (phase 2)
  4. Bldg 'D' - Vista, 22 storeys, built (phase 2)
  5. Bldg 'E' - Centre Park West, 16 storeys, under construction (phase 3)
  6. Bldg 'F' - Centre Park West, 18 storeys, under construction (phase 3)
  7. Bldg 'G', 18 storeys, future release (phase 4)

Last edited:
July 3 2009 update

West Tower (bldg 'F') - in foreground nearing completion, bldg 'A' + 'B' on the right
DSC00299.jpg

East Tower (bldg 'E') - structurally completed awaiting windows installation, bldg 'A' on the left
DSC00293.jpg

The only thing good about this entire development is that it makes that fake 'urban street' strip mall viable. Mmmmmm Marble Slab Ice Cream :)

One thing I really can't understand is the price of these condos... it's outrageous.

yes this is not the prettiest nor glass+steel ... but honestly this is surely not the worst of the "same crap" found throughout Toronto ... in fact, I dare to say that Centre Park (bldgs 'E' + 'F') are the best looking buildings compared to those in the Promenade Circle area

I simply am happy that there is a rooftop architectural element (rather than just a mechanical box) ... and IMO there is a good balance of glass + black spandrel + precast

Thanks for starting this thread, Solaris. Looks like they're making good progress on this development.

I dare to say that Centre Park (bldgs 'E' + 'F') are the best looking buildings compared to those in the Promenade Circle area ... I simply am happy that there is a rooftop architectural element (rather than just a mechanical box) ... and IMO there is a good balance of glass + black spandrel + precast

I have to agree with you there. It might not be a gleaming urban monolith, but the distinctive rooftops and green-roof areas should help Centre Park stand out from the other buildings in the area.

Does anyone here have any experience with the developer, Liberty? I hadn't heard of them before coming across this site about a year ago, but they seem to be pretty active in the area.

One thing I really can't understand is the price of these condos... it's outrageous.

When I went to the sales office about a year ago, they had 1 bedroom (500+ sq ft) units starting at around $186,000. Seemed pretty reasonable for the area at the time (although the units in question were located right next to the elevators).

Liberty developments started developing on Hiway 7 between Bayview and Leslie. Mostly small condo buildings and commercial plazas. over the last 6 years they have steadily grown and built out some larger condo projects; such as, the condos on the north side of sheppard west of bayview on the old church site. they have a couple more towers to go at centre park, are currently building at sheppard and the allan, and will be building a sales center on the old hy zel's plaza at yonge and doncaster north of steeles

Building G

Does anyone have any news about building G. I am looking to get a condo that will be ready in 2 years. Thanks

I think there is still plenty of units left to be sold in the 2 Centre Park towers (Bldgs E+F) ... I suspect it would be awhile before Liberty launches the final Bldg G, likely it would be more than 2 years by the time that tower is built

At present, Liberty is focusing their efforts in finishing up Centre Park and directing their attention to their big project, World on Yonge

I think there is still plenty of units left to be sold in the 2 Centre Park towers (Bldgs E+F) ... I suspect it would be awhile before Liberty launches the final Bldg G, likely it would be more than 2 years by the time that tower is built

At present, Liberty is focusing their efforts in finishing up Centre Park and directing their attention to their big project, World on Yonge

Thanks...I was really hoping that building G will be ready in 2 years or less.

Thanks for locating that 2008 City Planning staff report BMyers ... I guess Liberty decided to max out that last block even more and turned Bldg G + townhouses into 3 condo towers instead

Liberty has sold off the remaining phases 2+3 of EKO to H&W Investments (the owner as Metro Square @ Steeles+Warden) ... they no longer have a stake in Markham Centre

Thanks Solaris,

I didn't see that land sale. Surprising given their success there.

Back